Chapter 33

Moonlight POV

Sitting in the library for what seems like days but was probably more like 2 hours, I was done. I couldn't stand sitting any longer in this chair.

"Will you settle down?" Ava asked me

"I would if I got out of this chair. I've been sitting here forever" I wined

"I mean we finished our work we had to do, we could probably go for a walk around the school" Emma directed to Ava

"Let's do that, I want to do that," I chirped towards Ava

"Oh, fine, let's go. We need to go to our lockers first though" Ava said, standing up before collecting her belongings while I stood up and took my cane out before walking out of the library, girls following behind.

"You do know I can't see where I'm going, right? I don't think I should be in front."

I heard the girls snicker before walking faster to catch up with me, "You know that would probably be a good idea."

Walking to each of our lockers, I thought of something that I haven't done in a long time. I haven't sung for a year, like sung my heart out.

"Can we go to the music room?"

"Yeah sure, why not?" Ava spoke before dragging my hand away. Once making it to the music room, I got Ava to put a microphone in front of the piano. Making my way towards the piano, I felt something hit my hand and crash behind me. I could feel stares on my while I looked down, trying not to look embarrassed. I felt Emma's small, smooth hand grab mine to lead me towards the piano. Once sitting down, I tested the piano keys to make sure I was in the right position. Having my hands on mostly on C, D, E, F, G. Tapping the microphone to make sure it's on before starting.

I took a massive breath before pushing down the keys before singing Warrior by Demi Lovato, this song reflects a lot to how I've dealt with life.

This is a story that I have never told

I tell no one about the real story of how my parents died

I gotta get this off my chest to let it go

I felt like I have too much that I keep holding to myself

I need to take back the light inside you stole
You're a criminal
And you steal like you're a pro

All the pain and the truth

The truth in my life all lead to pain

I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I was broken and bruised

No one was there to save me from all those nightmares I've had many nights.

Now I'm a warrior

But I have not given up hope, and I am a warrior and have a disability that I have had to work with

Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been

I become stronger every day

And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

Ashton POV

Walking with the boys down the hallway, being bored during class was more entertaining.

"Hold on. Do you hear that?" Luke stopped me walking

"What? What do you hear?" I kept asking

"Well If you would shut up, you would be able to hear it" he snapped back

The three of us were dead silent, trying to figure out whatever Luke could hear. Sometimes he hears something when nothing was being said. Listening for a while, I could start to hear a female voice singing. Looking at the boys, there was one thing we could do, figure out who was that girl singing. Walking down the hallway, we stopped right in front of the music building. Opening the door a little to peep our head inside, we could see Ava's and Emma's back of their head looking around the corner where someone was in the recording studio.

Opening the door wider to walk through the door, the girls had no noticed up yet. Once stopping behind the girls in the chair, the girls spun around to look at us, mostly Ava staring into my soul. Looking up to find a girl sitting at the piano singing her heart out while tears sprang from her eyes, made my heart melt. Moonlight was sitting there with her sunglasses on top of her head while her eyes were closed.

"Listen to the words," Ava said before turning back around.

There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same
Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say
'Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway

Now I'm a warrior
I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

"Is she.. singing about..." I couldn't even finish my sentence

"Yes" Ava agreed

She has been through a lot, colossal car incident, losing both parents, going blind, and moving in with your Aunt all in one day would be really hard. Once Moon finished the song, and the recording stopped, she walked back out of the studio into the recording studio.

"So?" she asked wiping her tears

"It was amazing" As soon as she heard my voice she tensed