Chapter 1

Moonlight POV

It had almost been nine years since that day I was told I lost my ability to see and my parents. I still blame myself. If we didn't go out, I would still be able to see and have both of my loving parents by my side. My Aunt takes me to 'see' my parents grave when it's their birthday, Mothers day and Fathers day. Since I was 8, I asked my Aunt if every second Saturday she could take me to the hospital, where I would stay from 9:30am-4: 30 pm visiting patients. I think of the hospital as my second home. I know the hospital like the back of my hand, so I don't use my cane when I'm there.

"Thanks, Aunty, I'll see you at 4:30!" I yell while getting out of the car

"See you soon. Have fun."

Walking into the lobby, I went straight over to the receptionist; we are such good friends since she was the daughter of a nurse, so she grew up here as well.

"Hey, Moon, I've missed you."

"Hey Clare, hows it is going, hows your mum?"

"We are both fine, here is your schedule of room numbers, some that you have been to before and some people you haven't met before."

I smile before saying, "Thanks, have an amazing day."

You might be asking how I can see my time table; there is a thing that blind people can put their hand on a piece of paper and feel tiny bumps over, its called braille writing.

I put my hand over the paper and feel my hands along with the small dots. My first line was the second-floor room 201. I walked over to the elevator. I found the button and pushed it. Once the doors opened up, I stepped inside; there was no noise indicating that would be alone. I found the second button, pushed it, and waited. I went back to read the importation of this person. I discovered that he had broken his wrist by playing football.

The elevator door opened, so I stepped out. I knew where room 201 was, so I went straight there. I felt around for the door, which was shut. I knocked and waited for someone to yell 'come in.' I waited for a minute until I heard a deep voice. I knew he wasn't old since on his info it had stated 17. I opened the door and walked in, leaving the door open.

"Hi, I'm Moonlight, and I'm here to keep you company," I said with a smile

I walked over to the couch as every room is the same setup.

"U..um Sure"

I smiled while taking off the dark glasses I have on, all the time when I'm out. My Aunt has told me that I have bright blue eyes while I had chocolate dark hair. She had also said that I have a bit of a cloud in my eyes, but since I couldn't see it, I couldn't care less.

"My names Moonlight, Yours?"

"Ashton"