Chapter 28

Ashton POV

Today was my father's Dad, My grandfather's 1 year death anniversary. After leaving the boys at Ben's place, got home, showered, got dressed again, and left the house to come here for the ceremony. Once getting to the church to have another speech from my father before going outside towards his grave, a dark chocolate hair came out of the corner of my eye. If she was any further, I would not have noticed her. The thing that caught my eye the most was the walking stick in her hand. Now I can say that I say a blind girl.

Standing in a line to see my grandfathers grave before leaving was the most boring thing. I looked over to where I saw the girl, only this time she was future away with someone. I don't know who she was, but when she broke down, the lady had to turn away from not witnessing the scene, something occurred to me. She has the same hair as Moonlight and that lady kind of looks like someone I've seen.

When it got to my turn to say 'goodbye' to my grandfather again, I realized that the lady looked familiar as she's Moonlights sister? Aunt? Someone. She was in a photo along with her husband and her twin boys.

After I finished saying 'goodbye' to my grandfather before turning around to go back to the car. My parents were waiting for me by their car but as I noticed the girl move, I had to say something. Walking over towards her, becoming clearer and clearer, I noticed it was Moon. What was she doing here in a graveyard with a walking stick? Is she blind? Can she not see that well? Did it belong to her at all?

When I got closer to talk to her by yelling, I thought. Why not?

"Moonlight" I yelled so she could hear me. Once it was received for her hearing, she stopped walking

Moonlight POV

Upon hearing his words, I stopped in my tracks. Shoot, I have my stick out.

"Moonlight, please turn around" he begged

Do I turn around? Do I stay in my tracks? Do I continue walking? What am I going to do? Do I lie and say that this isn't my walking stick?

"Moon...please" he took a step forward

"Moon, sweetheart, you need to tell him, he needs to know" Amy reasoned

"Then I will be the laughing stock because blind girl lost her parents, homeschooled for 9 years then went to school" I started tearing up again

"You lost your parents, you took 9 years to where you are today, and you finally went to school. You hardly need that walking cane."

"Moon, just turn around. Please" He sounded broken

"Give us a moment?" I asked my Aunt

I heard her walk away while I took a big sigh as I turned around. He was going to finally know I was blind, and I will be a laughing stock.

"Who were you visiting?" he asked

I hung my head before lifting it back up. I was going to answer every question he has, even if I don't like it.