"Um, six m-maybe seven?" Noma nods.

"Good," She looks back at me and elaborates. "The number system is to test a sub's general health and state of mind after a scene. Zero being the worst and ten being the best. Usually, subs in the low numbers won't be able to answer due to distress, which is why careful handling and intense aftercare is needed. Ezra is good to go so he doesn't need intense care."

"I'd like it." He says squirming in my lap. I stroke his thigh and the boy smiles all pretty and coy.

"You know those sessions take long and we can't afford to not make it out today, the balls tomorrow and Ama'Rose needs a dress," Noma pries Ezra out of my lap and sets him on the ground. "So, no dilly-dallying." Noma holds her hand out and I grab at it maneuvering around Ezra's body.

"Can't I come?" He begs crawling after us. I lick my lips and narrow my eyes in thought.

"Aren't you busy today?" Noma says tugging me up the stairs. "I thought you had a client?" He hops up fast, stumbling up the stairs in pursuit of us, his chest rising alarmingly fast.

"I said I'd reschedule what's the big deal?" Noma comes to a stop and peeks over her shoulder at Ezra. Her head shakes and her hair spills over her shoulder like shiny silk.

"Did you give him permission to come." I jerk my head no and Ezra's eyes widen as his body grows tense.

"That leaves that, you'll stay and attend to the guest. Rosalita, me, and Christian will hit up some stores." Noma says resuming her strut out of the staircase and down the hall with a frightening pace. I turn around watching as Ezra follows, his face sickly pale and a slight tremor in his body. He calls out with a frantic bass in his voice.

"Christian is going?" He eggs reaching for Noma. "Why is Christian going? Christian doesn't go anywhere." Noma shrugs.

"I think he's taken a liking to Ama'Rose, a serious one too. You know how compatibility works," Ezra is stricken speechless, his pursuit coming to a halt for a brief moment before something dark takes over his features. He clenches his hands by his side and stomps after Noma, a fury lacing through his aura, bitter and citrus-like.

"Well, he can't have her! I have a contract which specifically says no sharing, Ama'Rose Is my mistress for the time being so, to bad so sad." He grimaces folding his arms over his chest and glaring down at the floor.

"That whole 'no sharing' bit is a load of bs, simply put in the papers to appease you. Eventually Ama'Rose is going to end up on the Global plan, and then she'll be domming multiple subs and switches. If Christian wants to form a contract with her, I'm certain Miss Buchanan won't object. In fact, she'll probably encourage it, like how she encouraged Ophelia and Tyrese's relationship." Ezra grips at my free hand trying to tug me away from Noma's hold. He bares his teeth with a furious flush crawling up his neck and soaking into his cheeks.

"She's mine, and Mistress Buchanan won't put her on the Global plan, and there won't be any transferring amongst us. Any of us. So, you can tell that little boy to back the fuck off what isn't his and will never be his." Holy! I blink so much it feels as if I'm about to take flight, and a dizzying feeling washes over me. Ezra's presence in all its glory, possessive and suffocating, making a visible claim to my own aura. Noma gaps shock and so not ready for the kick of such a bitter presence. She re-clasps my hand tugging me free from Ezra and down the remaining walking distance until we reach her room. She ushers me in glancing over her shoulder before slamming the door and locking it uptight.

"What even?" She shakes her head massaging her temples with her fingers. She sighs walking over the emerald boxes of her carpet until she comes to a golden closet.