I wipe thumb uselessly across my lower lip. I had no idea of what to do or say, as there was no clear answer as to what I wanted. Of course a future with such a man was something young women and men alike dreamed of experiencing. The liberating feeling of love and happiness was overwhelming and so unbelievably powerful that it made you do stupid things at the worst times. That alone, drew me feared of speaking the wrong words and losing that feeling with Austin that I love so much.

"Of course I've thought about it, Austin," I say, my voice turning sympathetic despite the fact that I had no idea what words would fall from my lips, "I've thought about every second. I can't get this perfect fairytale life out of my mind where we live together and my family so close and living in the type of luxury we've never been able to afford. But you have to realize that it's so selfish of me to ask them to move. I know they'd do it for me. As much as we all love where we live now, it's cramped and hard to keep up with, but in asking them to move out, I'm simply saying I can't live a life without my family, and I don't want anyone to think I'm so dependent on them that in order for me to move in with the man I love, I have to bring my family with me."

A blow of air exhales from my lungs as I process what had left my mouth.

Austin takes small and damning steps towards me before taking my hands in his own. My entire body tenses in fear of what he might say, or do. I loved this man with all I had, and I wanted to take our relationship to the next level, but too many factors lead into the final decision and it would take longer than nine days to process all the options.

"Lainey, you are the most independent, hardworking, and badass woman I know. You've grown as a person since the day I met you, but you hold your values so close to your heart and that alone could never change the real woman you are. I know how much you love and cherish your family and I know that their living conditions are your main priority. And there are plenty of apartments in New York. We can take the time and look at our options if my offer was too drastic. But you know how much I love you and I would never rush you to do things you aren't prepared for. I want this decision to be one we make together, that's why I'm being persistent. I just want to know what you're thinking, and I want to know how you're feeling, I just want to give you the world you deserve, Lainey. So please, let me."

I lean my head against his chin and I feel his lips connect with the top of my hair. I take my hands from his and securely wrap them around his waist and comfortably breathe against his chest.

My mind was racing a million miles a minute and I had no idea where our relationship was truly headed. I wanted to be loved by him, and I wanted to be the woman he saw a future with, but all I could think of was the impending doom that could potentially follow when dating someone who could have everything he ever wanted. Moving in was a step I was willing, and ready to take, but there was the initial fear that he would one day decide I was never good enough for him, and should that day ever come, I knew I would damaged.

But thoughts aside, I knew what I wanted and I would not be a Bennett girl if I didn't take what I wanted.

I look up and meet his soulful green eyes.

"Okay, Austin. I'll move in with you," I smile up at him but before I could react, I was lifted from the ground and swung in a small and quick circle. I laugh loudly and press my palm into hi back to drop me back to the floor.

His lips greet mine comfortably and I fall into the kiss with ease. I pull away slowly and rest my hand on his chest, "But I have a better plan."

•———•

I was off the site now and working tirelessly at my desk arranging meetings and business calls for Austin himself.

As he was working at my grandmother's shop, I knew his schedule would be a tight fit. One thing was for sure about Austin would, and that was his never ending love for what he could do to help someone else. And right now, he was growing my family's pride and joy and turning it into something that my children could enjoy at a later date.