0.9

•- Laine Bennett -•

The last thing I wanted to do, was go to work. Of course I had no other choice. It was either work for the rest of my life or drown in student loans and bills until I kick the bucket.

I managed to look half decent today, especially after Saturday and Sunday being completely unproductive. I spent the time lounging around the house while eating everything in sight to stop the headache I was so rudely supporting. When I say I'm a lightweight, you best fucking believe it.

My hair was pinned out of my face and into a tight bun, my shirt was rather comfortable for being a dress up shirt that was a pastel like blue, as well as a black pencil skirt that was nice material. I had traded in my black heels for some nude ones that Thea told me to wear so her plans of living through me could actually succeed. But I would make it my life goal to make sure it doesn't happen.

I walk through the doors and smile politely at some familiar faces, and just because I'm a petty bitch, a forced smile to the receptionist who called me out last week.

Knowing at this point to get the coffee now, I quickly order before the morning rush fills in the small space and takes as much time as they want to get their drinks. I don't have the time.

It was the start of a new day and week so I intend to actually be better at my job. Not to mention my pay was coming up and I was excited to see the amount I was receiving.

The elevator was just as slow as usual, and I was trapped with the scent of overbearing man's cologne mixed with a bit of women's perfume that smelled like something you'd find an old woman supporting. Not that that was a bad thing, just the mixture was one that could make you faint if inhaled for a long period of time.

By the time we were at the top floor, I already sprang into action seeing as my number one priority for this week was survival. Sounds like I'm on a game show or something. I need to survive to get the money. Well shit. I just broke the entire human day to day. It's all one massive game show.

Shaking my head at my own thoughts, I pull my coffee to my lips and drink the hot liquid slowly. I wasn't about to burn my throat. It's too early for pain.

I got to work on his schedule for the day, knowing that he would ask the second her got to the floor which made sense. I was forbidden from his office so of course all his daily details are spilled right outside of his office and int he sight of many other people.

The elevator makes another stop and Mahalia and Brent both come off at the same time, laughing about God knows what.

Once they see me, they make their way over and smile.

"How was the rest of your weekend?" Brent asks, sipping his morning coffee himself.

I shrug my shoulders gently, "I slept, ate, shit. All basic human function but I did it all with a raging headache. You guys?"

They fill me in on how they spent their days which was much more interesting than my own. I wasn't surprised however. The two were much more social and branch out quickly. I'm more of a follower myself. I prefer to remain to my group and if need be, then I might just meet some new people. But I had all I needed.

"He in yet?" Brent asks, nodding his head towards the door to Mr. Wood's office.

I check the clock on the wall nearby and shake my head. I may have only been here a well, but he followed a set schedule. It was always punctual and it was clear anything but was rather aggravating for him.