6.0

•- Laine Bennett -•

"Laine!" Austin screams as my feet carry me across the top of the scolding sand without a care in the world, "Could you at least slow down?"

I don't turn because I know I would ultimately fall embarrassingly and although I could do that with Austin on any other occasion, today was different.

My feet carry me across the makeshift line we'd drawn prior to our running event and I let out a huffed sigh from the immense amount of exercise I'd just endured for something so simple as the choice of this evening's plans. But it wasn't going to be up to me, I refused to choose for the sole purpose of me wanting Austin to show me the places he wants to show me, rather than what I might find somewhat interesting. And something tells me there will be many more Hawaii trips. Especially when Thea finds out that Austin and I are finally, after months of convincing and then sleeping together, he was mine and I was his.

I fall into Austin's outstretched arms as he strides across the line without so much as a pant.

"I'm well aware you let me win," I smile up at him as my arms wrap around his perfectly chiseled torso.

Austin feigns a gasp as his arms glide freely up my back. "How could you say that? I played a fair game. It's not my fault that I like watching your ass when you do everything. I blame you for that."

I roll my eyes and stand in my top toes to reach his height.

"Then stop looking at my ass all the time. You might actually get some work done."

Austin shrugs as he leans down and presses his lips to mine. I feel his hand travel down my back but my comfortability with this man was so high, I couldn't care as he gently massaged my backside.

"I don't like working when you're in the room. Unless it's my dick. In which case, we can work together."

I push him away from me gently and the expression so clear on his face gave me enough to know that he was both in a joking manner but hidden behind his comedic side was pure Hell and Satan. Black flames and Pandemonium could probably be seen if you were to devour his perfect eyes. John Milton was right.

"You really are a ladies man. However did you find yourself in a slump?" I laugh as I step backwards only to wrap my hand around Austin's to drag him with me wherever I planned to go.

He shrugs his shoulders before pulling me to his body with force. His arms wrap around my body once more but his glides his hands down my thighs until I was lifted in the air and clinging to his waist.

"The could be many reasons for it, however, I would like to think it was the universe telling me the love of my life would walk through those glass doors at the perfect moment in time."

I roll my eyes as my arms tighten around his neck to keep me from falling, "You're cheesy when you're in love. No wonder you were a Casanova," I smile before pressing my lips to his quickly.

"Me? Cheesy? I'm simply a lovestruck lion who in a few hours will kick into kill mode and destroy your body with my lips. Get your facts straight."

I can't help but audibly laugh before kissing his lips once again, "So, what do we do if they find out it's me wrapped around you on this here island?" I ask as he caries me off towards the water without so much as a warning.

His shoulders shrug, "Scream from the rooftops that you're my girlfriend?"

My eyes narrow as Austin trudges his legs through the ocean water. I was prepared for the cold to strike my body with a cooling intensity, but the water was relatively warm, causing my body to ignite with a sense of fire drawn strictly from having my body entangled with Austin's.