13 • Pancakes

I felt my eyes beginning to adjust and I pulled the cover away from my face, taking in my surroundings. The walls were yellow, but what I hadn't seen was that they were beginning to peel away and there were large patches of mold. The carpet had stains and looked like it had been a month without hovering.

There was also a rotting smell coming from somewhere and it was hard not to gag from it. Overall, it was pretty disgusting. Jisung seemed to note me taking in my surroundings.

"My sense of smell is far better than yours, so imagine how horrid this place is for me."

"Where even are we?" I asked, trying not to look too disgusted.

"A motel."

"That explains a lot," I said, slipping out of bed. I felt disgusted that I'd slept somewhere so unclean and sleazy. "Why are we in a motel?"

"Because someone passed out."

"Jisung, can you please just explain this situation to me? No more jokes or 'surprises', just tell me straight."

He looked away from me, darting his eyes down to the floor. I could see that he was thinking and I didn't want to disturb him. If anything, that would just annoy him and make him less cooperative.

I took in his appearance more and couldn't believe how perfect he really looked. His skin was impossibly clear, not a single blemish, red patch, scar or spot of acne. It was as smooth as marvel. He really did look like he was carved from marble actually. Maybe if he stayed still enough you could mistake him for a statue.

His skin was a warm beige colour, which suited his light blond hair. I was pretty certain he had bleached it because I could see dark roots from the top of his head.

His hair was currently pretty messy. His eyes felt like an ocean to me - they were deep, never ending like you could get lost in them forever. The colour of them was a dark brown.

Overall, there was something about him that was very hypnotising. He seemed to lock you into a trance.

Finally, he just said, "No."

I let out a groan and felt the anger boil up inside of me even more. "Are all vampires this annoying?"

"I'm not sure I would call us annoying...more murderous."

That set an awkward tone in the room. I hated it so I decided to ask something that had been on my mind a little more than it should have been. "Do you at least sparkle?"

He smirked a little at that but didn't reply to it. Instead he moved us on. "Want to go get breakfast?"

I actually wasn't very hungry at all. I felt pretty nauseous, like I may vomit or pass out again. But I wanted to get the hell out of here so I said yes to him.

He went towards a bag and began to pull clothing out, throwing on leather gloves, a hat, a scarf that pulled up over his face slightly. I wondered what he was doing.

"You look weird."

"I'd rather look a little weird than burn."

I cocked my eyebrow at him. "Do you actually burn in the sunlight?"

He stopped for a moment and gave me an annoyed look. "Don't tell me you actually thought we sparkled."

"No, not really." I was hoping you did.

He finished putting on his outfit, heading towards the door and seeming to wait for me to follow. I, however, was glued to my spot. Suddenly the act of moving seemed like an onerous task that my body wasn't at all up to.

"You coming?"

"Yes."

I stayed still for a moment. The pain in my body seemed to only be getting worse and now I also felt lightheaded. It felt like if I tried to take a single step then I'd pass out.

"Do you need help?" He asked, taking a step towards me.

"No," I said sternly. He stopped in his tracks but kept his eyes on me, looking a little worried.

I didn't want his help, or his concern. I tried to take a step myself, almost falling to the side but managing to keep steady. By the time I had taken another, it had been ten more seconds.

The look of worry that had been on Jisung's face had now seemed to melt away and be replaced with sheer irritation and annoyance.

"Can I please just help you?" He asked.

"No. I don't want your help-"

He was now suddenly in front of me and my feet were no longer touching the ground. I tried to protest but he quickly had scooped me up in his arms like his bride, as he seemed to love to do and I was mortified.

"-put me down."

"I will."

"No, now."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You aren't calling the shots. You're acting as if you do and it's really starting you get on my nerves."

"Jisung-!"

"Be quiet," He said in a deep, stern voice that sounded almost like a growl. He smirked that I seemed somewhat dazed by him. "If you're not, I'll have to punish you."

I went to open my mouth but struggled to even get anything out other than inaudible mumbles. Finally, I said, "I hate you."

Still carrying me, Jisung locked the door and headed down to the front desk. The old woman gave a rude remark about "teenagers these days", making me even more mortified. I even accidentally buried my face into his shirt, but that made him laugh so I stopped.

He only put me down when we were at his car, which was rusted and ratty as all hell. I turned to him, thinking he would have had a nicer vehicle.

"Car's a bit...rustic."

"I'm sorry, if you don't like it then we can take your ferrari." I didn't speak. "Thought so. Get in."

"Wouldn't it be faster to run?" I asked while getting in.

"I know you think I'm all powerful and all, but carrying you and running gets pretty tiring."

"Vampires are cooler in movies."

"So are humans," He said with a smirk. "Where do you want to eat?"

"Somewhere that sells pancakes."

💫

I'm really enjoying writing Jisung and Natalie's relationship! The second chapter should be out soon. I'm happy to see people are actually into this book because it is super fun to write!

Anyway hope you're all having an amazing day 💖 love yaaa