29 • answers

hello pls remember to vote & comment! it means a lot to me :)

🐸

"I drank it, so now you have to drink too," I reminded him, my mouth still being coated in the thick blood.

I hated how good it tasted to me. I felt guilt for the fact that I had no idea where it even came from. But I pushed those thoughts away because I couldn't bear to think about them.

He cleared his throat. "Yes, sorry."

He chugged it down all in one. I watched him and found that I was a lot less horrified than I should have been. Well, after drinking blood, you sort of lose any sort of fear you have for it.

When he was done, the glass was still coated slightly in blood, as was mine.

He immediately began to look a hell of a lot better. He was no longer shaking and his eyes had returned back to normal. Not quite human looking, but not as animalistic as they were before.

I liked him better looking like this. I hated seeing him In so much pain and discomfort.

We both made eye contact and I spoke, "So I have to do this how often?"

"Most days, probably. It's hard to tell. You're not exactly normal."

I laughed a bit at that. "Normal. That word's sort of loss all meaning to me."

"Are you feeling better?" He asked me, sounding like he genuinely really cared.

I hid my guilt in my answer. "Yeah. A hell of a lot better."

"That's good. I'm sorry about all this. It's the cost of bringing you back to life."

"Is...is this all you had to tell me?" I finally asked.

I had held in the question for so long but now I finally had to know. I was praying to every possible God that he was going to tell me everything. I deserved to know the full truth about everything.

"Yeah."

"Jisung," I pleaded. "I'm not stupid. I deserve to know what the hell is going on."

He sighed. "I know. I just don't want you to worry."

I laughed once again. "All I do is worrying. I've been kidnapped by a vampire for goodness sake!"

There was a silence that fell between us and I waited on edge for him to end it. Finally, after gods knows how long, he spoke.

"Your body is killing itself."

I stared at him blankly. I didn't understand what the hell he meant by that but it sure as hell sounded horrifying.

"Jisung...please explain to me what on Earth that means."

"Okay but you can't tell anyone this. Only me and my parents know what's going on with you. If anyone asks, you have to play dumb."

I didn't care if I had to keep it a secret. It was worth it just to know the truth. "Fine. I promise I'll play dumb."

He smiled weakly at me. "When a vampire bites a human, they have two choices in what they can do. They can just puncture the skin and drink as much blood as they want or...they can turn a human into a vampire.

The latter is incredibly difficult to do and takes multiple tries. It's completely unheard of for a vampire to manage to turn a human on their first attempt.

When I bit you...that was my first time biting a human and I wasn't yet used to...how difficult it really is. I mean, I'd been told a lot but God, when you're I that moment..."