12 • Nattie-Bear

I woke up to the feeling of my head pounding as if someone was doing construction work inside of my it, using some horrible machine to drill through my skull. I put my hands to my forehead and tried to massage and soothe the skin with my fingers, squinting my eyes to adjust to the complete darkness around me with little luck.

My first thought was what time is it? I guessed it wasn't during the day, as it was super dark. I also began to wonder why I felt so awful right now.

Very often, I would feel sick from what Jisung had done all those months ago - or I would be in a lot of pain. This, however, felt different from that.

I knew I had stayed out late with Jisung last night but legs burned intensely as if I had ran a marathon. I could remember being forced to do big runs in school and that horrible ache you would get the following days. A signal from your body that exercise is bad and you should never do it again.

But last night I didn't...what happened last night? It all felt pretty blurry but I could remember the note in my room. I sat there, in this bed, beginning to recall the events of last night in a state of complete and utter shock and horror.

I received the letter from him, I went outside to face him with a knife. A knife that I ended up using. I put my hand over my mouth in disgust at the idea that I actually stabbed him. The memories kept pouring into my mind like a flood, filling my head and threatening to spill out my eyes in the form of tears.

Finally I could remember passing out. I couldn't really grasp the chain of events very well yet: so I passed out and he put me back in my bed?

This...is my bed, isn't it?

My heart was pounding fast and hard now, and I could feel myself become coated in a cold sweat of fear. I went to sit up, but a cold hand grabbed my arm and roughly pulled me back down to the bed.

Jisung.

"Not so fast, Nattie."

"Let me go." He let go of my arm and I edged myself away from him just slightly, hating the feeling of his cold skin against mine. After a moment, I spoke again. "I'm going home."

"No, you're not."

"I am," I interjected, trying to sound stern and brave. He had been pushing me around from the moment I met him and I wasn't going to have it any longer. "You can't stop me."

He laughed a snide laugh. "I'm very scared, Natty-bear."

"Natty-bear?" I asked, scoffing at that.

"I think it's a cute nickname. Do you not like it? Would you rather I called you something more traditional? How about darling, or honey, or sweet-"

"How about just Natalie?"

"Very boring, aren't you?"

I stopped for a moment, taking a deep breath and reminding myself that I should stay calm. Jisung, although he could be silly, could also be pretty dangerous if angered. I was angry, too, but I couldn't act irrationally. I had to be level headed about this and formulate a solid plan for my escape but I didn't even know where I was.

It was too dark to really see anything: I could see the walls were yellow (and quite frankly kind of gross, molding at the top), the bedsheets were white, and that was about it. And that information doesn't help very much.

I needed to get out of this room. If we went out somewhere, I had a better chance of figuring out where I was. I also had a better chance of slipping away from him.

"I'm hungry."

There was a silence. "I forgot you humans have to eat," He finally said, the annoyance being clear in his voice. "Can't you wait?"

"No, I'm starving. I did do a lot of running, you know. Exercise tends to make humans hungry."

There was another stretch of silence where he was clearly decided on whether or not to feed me. I felt relieved that he clearly didn't have food wherever we were and we would have to leave this room to get some.

It means a better chance for escape.

I also became aware of how close we were to each other right now, mostly due to the fact his skin was ice cold and causing me to shiver. We were both on a bed, him lying beside me. He wasn't quite touching me anymore, but if his arm moved even a little he would be.

It made me incredibly uncomfortable but he didn't seem to mind very much. At least, he didn't act as if it bothered him. He broke the silence, startling me when he let out a curse and a noise of annoyance.

"I guess I don't have much of a choice."

The coldness beside me went away and the light was switched on suddenly, blinding me.

"Jesus, give me a bit of warning," I said, trying to cover my eyes with the blanket.

"You deserve it for stabbing me."

🌙

heyooo
I hope you enjoyed the chapter, please comment and vote to let me know! Next chapter out soon💖