16 • Threats

Although he had moved effortlessly without making a single sound, I knew Jisung was standing directly behind me. He had gotten so close to me that I could feel the cold radiating off him, and his lips were by my ear and he began whispering in a rushed, panicked voice.

"Sit back down now."

"Or what?" I asked, trying to sound more confident than I felt.

The fact that he was obviously panicked made me feel slightly better, but what he said next made my stomach drop and all that confidence leave my body.

"Or I'll fucking kill you, Natalie. Right here. Right now."

I paused for a moment, thinking through what he had said. He panic had completely left his voice and was now replaced by complete rage and dominance. But, at the forefront of my mind, the simple thought of "what do I have to lose?" pushed me forward.

"Excuse me!" I called over to the blonde girl, who looked embarrassed to have me speaking to her. She even turned away, seeming to pretend to be doing something else.

It hit me that she probably thought that me and Jisung were having a relationship spat. Maybe she thought I was angry she had asked him out. Whatever the reason, she wasn't moving from her spot even as I tried to gesture for her to.

Suddenly, Jisung scooped me up into his arms like a bride and quickly placed a hand over my mouth. He looked deep into my eyes and I could see how angry he really was at me and it terrified me. It left me feeling completely paralysed and frozen, like my sheer instincts took over me to stop me from doing anything stupid.

"Stay completely quiet," He told me in a stern, deep voice. "I won't just kill you. I'll kill everyone in this place. Do you want to be responsible for that?"

He took his hand off my mouth and began to dig around in his pocket for money. I wanted to scream out for help but my confidence had left again. The rage in his voice was more than I had ever heard. When he said he'd kill us all, I couldn't help but believe it. I didn't want to be responsible for all those deaths.

He threw some money on the counter and began to walk out to his car with me still in his arms.

"Jisung-"

"Just shut the fuck up," He told me, placing me down on my feet. "Get in the car."

For a minute I began to consider running. It was stupid and I knew I didn't have a chance to run. More than that, he was already angry and doing something like running would only enrage him more. I got into the car, feeling like all hope I could have possibly been grasping onto had been completely crushed.

I felt myself shaking from fear of what he was going to do next. I expected him to get into the car, but he didn't. He stood outside, leaning against the car with his head in his hands. I was glad, I didn't know how to face him.

I sat there, on my own, thinking about the situation. He couldn't answer the question of would he kill me, which obviously means that he will. But why?

I couldn't understand why me. What had I ever done to deserve this fate? My entire life had been completely horrible up to this point and the only thing that had really kept me going was the idea of things getting better.

That's what's supposed to happen, anyway. I could remember Heather telling me that everyone had to go through hard times, to toughen us up, but everybody would get their fair share. I knew now, that I was old enough to be completely realistic about life, that obviously life doesn't work like that.

But it was always something that had stuck with me. This idea that I had already gotten all my bad luck over with and things would look up. The rest of my life would be just good luck. I scoffed at that idea now.

I could feel tears beginning to well up in my eyes from my mixture of frustration and fear, before I knew it I had broken down into hysterical tears.

About three minutes passed with Jisung outside of the car, completely still in his spot. I stayed inside, curled up in my seat crying like a helpless child. I had never cried like this before. In fact, I wasn't much of a cryer anyway because I knew it wouldn't help anything to cry.

But everything had just gotten too much for me and I couldn't hold it in anymore. He was going to kill me. He had practically confirmed it or at least refused to promise that he wouldn't. I felt so incredibly helpless against him.

There was nothing I could do to stop this situation. I couldn't possibly outrun him, no matter how much of a head start I had or how fast I ran. No matter how hard I tried, there was nothing I could do.

In the diner, he had confirmed my worst nightmare: that if I actually did tell someone that he had kidnapped me, I would be putting everyone in danger. Plus, would they ever really believe me? It sounded pretty insane.

Suddenly, the car door opened and Jisung slid inside. He looked shocked at the state I was in and I moved my hands in front of my face, not wanting him to have the satisfaction of seeing me like this.

I wasn't just crying a little, I was sobbing uncontrollably. Making ugly weeping sounds and sniffling. It was incredibly embarrassing. He clearly didn't know what to say because we sat in silence for another minute or so. I hoped he would just leave me alone, let us drive in silence but he didn't. Finally, he spoke.

"Please stop crying."

🌙

The end line made me think of Chained lol but it's a bit more extreme-vOte pls I feel silly saying this but like it gives me motivation.

Also im about to start college I'm pEtrified send help.