Supervising the Avenger (2)

Start from the beginning

Everyone stopped when Peter started to breathe faster and move aimlessly, even the ones responsible for it. "Hey kid, are you okay?" "I-I-I can't breathe--I'm s-stuck! I can't!" His eyes started to water as he hit the counter and audible yelp coming from Peter. Steve jumped into action, turning the stove off. "Peter, calm down. Deep breaths." As soon as Steve went as his side, Peter grabbed onto him as support, feeling himself weaker and weaker. "I can't! I'm stuck-I'm c-crushed by the building! I can't-The p-p-pressure is too much..." At that Steve furrowed his eyebrows, Sam narrowing his eyes. 'crushed by a building' it echoed through their heads, as if it wasn't obvious enough, they finally realized he was having a panic attack.

"Peter you're not there. You are here. At the avengers compound. Deep breaths." "But t-the concrete dust, the building collapsed-" "Peter that was flour. Can you feel me?" "Y-yes." "Was I there?" "N-no-but-" "Was there lights and the smell of fresh pancakes?" "No." With that he came back to reality. He saw Rogers, Wilson and Clint, the kitchen and that it was just flour, like Steve said. He just had a panic attack in front of the avengers. He just had a panic attack in front of the avengers. He. Just. Had. A. Panic. Attack. In front. Of The Avengers. Oh my God. Oh my God!!
"I am so so so sorry! Y-You should have not seen that-I'm sorry! I am so so sorry! I didn-" "Stop apologizing. It's okay." Steve's voice was soft and soothing. "Kid I'm sorry. I thought it would be a harmless joke, but.... apparently it triggered something for you...I.. Sorry." You could feel that Sam truly felt bad. "It's okay. You-uh-wouldn't have been able to know it would trigger something." After that they just stood awkwardly there.

"Well-uh-I'll just go take a seat-you know." Peter, an embarrassed Peter, made his way to the table and took a seat beside Nat and Bruce. The seats steadily got filled, Steve being the last one bringing the sweet addition. They ate in silence until Rogers broke the silence. "So, wanna talk about it?" Peter felt the eyes on him, making it hard to swallow the food.
"Uh-it's...a building collapsed while...I was still inside. The-Some rubble fell on me and I guess...it became a trauma?" The awkward silence took over once again. "I can't believe you speak so lightly about it. You literally had a panic attack a minute ago." What Rhodey said was true, but he guessed that he's seen so much as Spider-Man and went through so many things, that is just another fight. Only that it triggers panic attacks and was a major part of his life. Peter shudders just thinking back on it. He was scared back then. No. He still is scared.

"Just as a little warning." Peter's voice was small but it got everyone's attention. He continued. "I get a little jumpy after panic attacks, try to get in my front of vision if you wanna speak with me. If not I will probably hit you , because of my reflexes." Now this left the heroes confused, not the jumpy part, but the ' I will hit you because of my reflexes' part. "Oh yeah, sorry if you'll be uncomfortable because of me, but I don't like to be alone after one of those. So I hope you won't mind me staying in the living room."
"Peter you don't need to apologize for wanting company or staying in the living room. It is normal that after such thing to want company, you can stay with me if you want." The group was stunned, hearing Natasha being so caring and gentle, except Clint. "Thank you, Ms.Romanoff." "Please call me Nat." "Okay, Nat." Peter's smile made their hearts melt a little. The boy was slowly working himself into their hearts without knowing it.

Just as Natasha said, she invited Peter to watch a movie with her, to calm him down and because she wanted to see it. The movie started and Natasha observed that Peter was keeping distance between them. He truly was. Peter didn't know if it would have been appropriate to come closer to Nat or not, he didn't know if she would like it. Natasha, figuring it out, shifted closer, till their sides touched, she knew the kid needed it. And she was right, twenty minutes in the movie, Peter started to lean more and more on her, just a little bit more and his head would have rested on the assassins shoulder. And Natasha was welcoming every contact.

Clint seeing them decided to join them. Forgetting Peter's little warning. With his skills, he got behind them, without Peter noticing him. So when he talked Peter was startled, resulting in his reflexes to kick in. "What are you wa-" In a brief moment, Peter turned at full speed, punching the man square in the face, sending him flying into the wall, knocking him out cold. Bucky witnessing all of this was astonished by Peter's power. "Holy shit!" Peter was freaking out, what did he just do?! Did he kill him?! He hopes not. Peter jumps over the couch and kneels beside Barton, that is just laying there. Checking his pulse, he is alive. Peter sighs in relief, for a split second he thought he killed him.

"Bruce!! Get your ass in here! Now!"Natasha screamed as she leapt over the couch, seeing her best friend on the ground. Seconds after that Bruce came running in the room and spared no time to ask questions. After making sure his colleague is alright, he started interrogating.
"Bucky, why the hell would you knock out Clint?" Barnes let a low growl when he heard the statement. "I didn't do it! Why would I do that?" Now the scientist was beyond confused. Natasha couldn't have hit him, if she was the one to scream for help and if Bucky didn't, the who..... "Dr. Banner it wasn't him. It was me! I-I guess he forgot about what I told you at the table and he came behind us I didn't notice him so when he spoke I freaked out and because of my reflex I turned and punched him with too much power and I-" If Banner didn't stop him from rambling he would have gone on and on. "Wait, so you are saying, that you, Peter a..." "sixteen" "sixteen year old, punched an avenger out cold." "Yes."

To say the least he was in disbelief and not only Bruce, everybody else too. Even Peter, well him because of other causes. Banner looked at the other heroes in the room looking for an alternative answer, but they only nodded and gave him the same look he had on his face. With the help of the soldier, the scientist was able to carry Clint into the medical bay, onto a bed.
------
"Sooo....can we get back to watching the movie or.....not?" Peter wasn't sure what her answer would be, after just punching her best friend, but he knew that he wanted to finish the movie. It was just getting to the interesting part. Of course he wouldn't mind if she said no, after all-he did what he did. "Yeah..sure, let's sit back down, I'll rewind the movie to where we were." They moved back on the couch, Peter leaning on her like before. After the movie, they chose another and slowly but surely the room filled with the other avengers. Peter didn't even notice, until he felt somebody lean against his body. He flinched at the contact but relaxed when he felt the silky black hair, belonging to the one and only, winter soldier, Bucky Buchanan Barnes. Peeking around the room he saw everybody, sitting across the long circular couch.

After three long movies, the teenagers body ached, he wanted to move. He got up, movie still playing and marched towards the elevator, stepping in he heard Rhodey call him. "Where you going Pete?" "You know, to the gym, my body kinda went numb from sitting so much. Miss Friday, floor 2,if you may." The doors closed. And each progressed with their life peacefully until the evening. Then, everything went wrong.