46 | its always you

46 | it's always you

Pain.

That was the only thing Athena was feeling — that's the only thing she could feel.

She was still shaking after what happened — losing Peter — losing everyone. It was a lot to handle.

Tony, her and Nebula had barely said a word to each other since they left Titan on the Guardians' ship. It had been almost a day, and they were nearly out of food, they had already ran out of fuel.

Athena was sat at the front of the ship, staring out at the stares as she admires all of the colours. A tear slipped out of her eye as she heard movement beside her.

She turned and saw Tony sat beside her, also staring out at space.

"Are you okay?" Tony said as he looked at her side profile.

The girl looked down and shook her head. "Tony, I'm sorry." The man furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at the girl. She sighed and turned to face him, "I blamed everything on you — I mean, sure, what you did was wrong but you're not to blame. After all, they were the ones who chose to run."

Tony sighed as he looked at the girl.

"I just miss them," she continued, looking down at her legs. "I mean, I grew up with them — Clint, Nat. It's just hard to be a day without them."

Tony gave the girl a small smile and looked down, "you didn't do anything wrong, Thea. I'm sorry that I've been so hard on you lately."

The girl sighed aloud and placed her head on Tony's shoulder. "I love you, Tony."

"I love you too, Thea."

—————

TWO WEEKS LATER
[ENDGAME SPOILERS]

"You don't need to do that," Tony said to Nebula as she tried to grab the piece of metal, which wasn't the point of the game.

"How long are you both gonna play that for?" Athena chuckled as she continued to scroll through the files she was looking at.

"You don't need to do that." Tony said as he looked at Nebula with a raised eyebrow "cause you're, Uh, just holding the position."

Athena smiled and rolled her eyes before continuing to look through the file. One of spider man showed up, causing her smile to falter.

Alias: Peter Parker

Athena shook her head, closing the file before storming off into the other room.

As she shut the heavy metal door, she slid down the wall, holding tightly onto her necklace.

"Never apart" she read aloud as she opened the picture up and saw the photo.

———

"That was terrible." Tony said, looking back up at the blue girl "now you have a chance to win."

Nebula flicked it and hit it straight down the middle. "And... you've won. Congratulations—" tony stuck his hand out "fair game."

Nebula warily shook his hand before the man walked away.

He sighed and sat down at the front of the ship, staring down at his broken, iron-man helmet. "This thing on?" He asked as he sat beside it.

"Hey, Miss Potts." He said as he leaned back against the metal wall of the ship. "If you find this recording, don't post it on social media. I don't know if you're ever gonna see these, I don't even know if you're still—. Oh, god. I hope so. Today's day... 21? 22.. you know, if it wasn't for the exccidential terror of staring into the literal void of space, I'd say I'm feeling a little better today. Infections are on its course, thanks to the blue girl back there. Oh, you're gonna love her. Very practical. I'd say Athena's doing just fine, but she's very shocked... very shocked. I don't think she knows what to do with herself — after all, she's fourteen and lost the love of her life. The fuel cells were cracked during battle, i figured out a way to reverse the iron charge particles to about 48 hours of flight time. Uh, but it's now dead, and we're thousands of light years from the nearest 7/11. Oxygen will run out tomorrow morning... and that will be it. I know I said no more surprises, but I was really hoping to pull off one last one. But it looks like.. well, you know what it looks like. Don't feel bad about this, I mean, actually if you gravel for a couple of weeks and then move on with enormous guilt. I should probably lie down for a minute, rest my head. Please know, when I drift off it will be like everything lately. I'm fine, I'm totally fine. I'm gonna dream about you, cause it's always you."

He turned off the transmitter, pulled on his leather jacket and lied down on the metal flooring. Slowly closing his eyes, Tony felt himself slowly fading away.

"Where's tony?" Athena asked as she walked in, seeing Nebula seated on the table.

The girls eyes went wide when Nebula didn't reply. She looked over to the front of the ship and saw Tony lying down on the floor with his eyes closed.

"Tony?" No, no, please, Tony." Athena exclaimed as she ran over to him, kneeling by his side. She pushed his head back and held the side of his face, multiple tears falling down her cheek as she looked at his unresponsive body. She whispered quietly "Stark..."

"Nebula." She turned back to the blue girl who looked up. "Can you help me?"

The two helped Tony up into the chair of the ship before Nebula walked away. Athena moved in and placed a small kiss on the mans forehead before following Nebula away.

She turned back around when she saw something in the air. A light... she didn't know what it was until she walked back over and saw a glowing girl, hovering in front of their ship.

Athena gasped as she looked at Tony who's eyes were open.

—————