23 | why is this so awkward

"Please, Thea." Natasha said as she looked into the girl's eyes. "Try not doing anything stupid until I get back."

The third rule of her probation was to not have any contact with Natasha Romanoff or Steve Rogers. But she needed to see her one last time before she left to Europe.

Athena closed her eyes and looked down "can't you go under house arrest, Nat, please, I don't want you to go."

"I need to leave with Steve and Sam" she nodded her head with a shy smile. "I don't want to leave you, but you can't come with us."

"I know" Athena said, feeling a tear fall from her eye. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too" Nat said before bringing the girl into a tight hug "I love you so much, Thea."

"Never apart" Athena said, linking pinky's with Nat as they pulled away.

Natasha nodded her head "never apart."

Athena stared down at the locket as a tear slid down her face. She missed Natasha, this was the first time ever they had been apart for over a month, and it was weird. She hadn't even contacted the woman, but she was dying to know what was happening — dying to know if she was okay.

Athena just wanted advice, advice for what to do with her first crush after she had her almost-first kiss. Every thing was different now, she had no one to talk to.

So, instead of talking to anyone, Athena lied there, staring up at the ceiling as she thought about Peter — the way his eyes gleamed in the moonlight, the way his hair flowed in the wind, and the way his breath tingled against her lips.

She couldn't stop thinking about him, no matter how hard she tried. It was like he was stuck in her brain with super glue.

—————

"What are you doing? I've been looking for you everywhere!" Athena called out to both Ned and Peter. She wasn't shocked about what happened with Peter the previous night, nor awkward, she was simply happy it happened. she just wasn't sure what to say to him if he mentioned it.

Peter looked at her and smiled awkwardly, "hey, thea."

She pierced her lips together and looked at him. Ned spoke up, "okay, why is this so awkward?"

"No reason," Athena said with a shrug as she stood by Ned's side "what's going on?"

"I say we put the glowy thingy in the lab." Ned said.

"First, we gotta come up with a better name than glowey thingy" peter admitted.

"What glowy thingy?" Athena raised an eyebrow.

"You didn't tell her?" Ned looked to Peter in confusion.

"I didn't have time," Peter defended himself. He looked to Thea and said, "I'll explain it later— crap."

Athena was confused when she saw Peter run down the other hallway. Her and Ned looked ahead of them to see two men walking down the hallway.

"Come on!" Peter whisper yelled. Athena shrugged and nudged Ned so he would walk over to Peter. "That's one of the guys who tried to kill me."

"People tried to kill you?" Athena raised an eyebrow in shock, "Okay, why didn't you tell me about this?"

"I didn't want you to worry" he whispered causing the girl to look at him with wide eyes.

"Doesn't mean you don't tell me!" She whisper screamed.

"We gotta get out of here," Ned said.

Athena raised her hand and grabbed Peters so he wouldn't do anything stupid, "I agree, let's go."

"No, we gotta follow them, maybe they could lead me to the guy who dropped me in the lake." Peter said.

"Someone dropped you in the lake?" Ned asked in confusion.

"That's why you were wet." Athena reminisced with a small chuckle.

"Yeah, it was not good." Peter said before he started to follow the guys who walked into the robotics lab. Athena tightened the grip on his hand so he couldn't go.

"No" she said causing the boy to turn around and look to her "peter, those guys could be dangerous."

"Ath—Thea" He said looking deeply into her blue eyes "I'll be safe, I promise."

But that promise didn't even matter when he pulled out of her grip and jogged over to the robotics lab.

As Peter left, a guy knocked on the window behind them. "What are you doing?"

"Uh, nothing," Ned answered, "you good?"

"Chess."

—————