03 | he spilt coffee on my shirt

"Eight years old and skill kicking ass" Clint laughed after watched Athena take down Natasha on the mat.

"Hey, unfair, you have powers!" Natasha said as she stood up from the floor and walked over to the girl and Clint.

After two years, Athena discovered all the powers she was capable of, such as; energy manipulation, force-field generation and energy absorption.

The girl chuckled and shrugged "that's what you get for waking up and not remembering what happened in the first 6 years of your life."

"Hey, maybe we should try it." Clint jokingly nudged Natasha's shoulder.

"Then you can be like me." Athena joked with a small chuckle.

"There's only one of you, kid." Clint said.

—————

Peter recognised the girl standing 5 metres down the hall from him. Two days ago, he had split coffee all over her T-shirt and gave her his favourite sweater. He missed his sweater but she definitely looked better in it.

"Who's the new chick?" Ned asked as he watched Peter watch her. Her blonde hair fell over her shoulders and down to her mid back.

"Thea" Peter said, eyes full of wonder and curiosity. One thing he never thought he'd see again, was her.

"Wait, you know her?" Ned said, grabbing Peters gaze. "Peter, you met a girl and you didn't tell me?"

"Well, I didn't exactly meet her" he pierced his lips together making Ned raise an eyebrow.

"Dude, she's hanging out with MJ" Ned said, watching the brunette walk over to the girl's locker. "That's so cool. If MJ likes her, then she has to be the coolest person on Earth."

Athena turned around and saw Peters gaze, making the boy instantly turn his head away. The blonde girl smiled, instantly recognising the boy before turning away and walking with MJ.

Peter banged his head against the locker and sighed "that was so embarrassing."

—————

Athena was laughing with MJ in the cafeteria whilst eating the sloppy food they offered. She wasn't going to lie, school was okay and all, but the food back at the compound was a lot nicer.

She watched as a chubby boy sat at the table beside theirs, followed by Peter Parker, the boy she'd bumped into two days ago.

She looked at MJ who was looking at them with a raised eyebrow as they both pierced their lips together and looked at the two girls.

"Hi." He looked to Athena "I'm Ned."

"Thea." She smiled at him before looking behind him at Peter "hi Peter."

"H-hey, Thea." He said shyly causing Athena to smile and look back to MJ who just chuckled.

"So, Thea" MJ started, "I've known you two hours and all I know is your name and that you study Greek mythology, tell me something about yourself."