05 | you and me both

Athena walked down the loud hallway, looking for room D6 where mixed grade computer science was being held.

As she walked in, she saw that the class was almost empty and by her luck, she saw Peter Parker sitting alone at a table.

Athena smiled at the boy before walking over to him and taking a seat beside him. "Hey, Parker."

"You're in this class?" Peter raised a confused eyebrow, and besides saying something rude or offensive about her, he said "Thank god, I've never had a friend in computer science before."

"Well, I guess you have me now." She admitted.

"She's in advanced computer science?" Athena heard a girl scoff from the table behind her "she seems like she's all looks, no brain."

"Liz?" Peter questioned turning around to the girl who'd said that. Athena clenched up her fists and tried her best to ignore the girl.

'We told you to lay down low'.

"She's gonna die in this class." She said again, followed by a few chuckles from girls.

Athena pierced her lips together as Peter looked at her.

"What an airhead."

She jumped out of her seat and pushed the chair out her way, walking over to the table behind her and placing her hands on the wood surface.

"Hi" the girl she assumed was Liz smirked.

"Hey." Athena smirked "if you may know, I've done an internship with Tony Stark for several years on guess which topic?" She scoffed "computer science. So, if you may mind your own fucking business and stop bitching about mine just because you're insecure."

Liz looked taken aback by her outburst, as with all of the girl's on the table. Athena smirked "thank you."

She turned around and took her seat back beside Peter who's eyes were wide in surprise.

"Holy shit," he said breathlessly causing Athena to look at him and smile innocently.

—————

"It's official, you're the coolest girl ever" Ned said after Peter had just explained what happened to Ned and MJ.

Athena didn't know what to say. She regretted what she did with ever part of her but that anger she felt couldn't be contained, not at all.

But there was one good thing she got out from this, Liz Allen was a bitch.

"So much for Liz." MJ said, looking at Peter causing Athena to raise an eyebrow and look at the brunette boy.

"What?"

"Peters has a crush on Liz since the first grade!" Ned reminded peter causing the boy to look down.

"Please, that stopped like... a week ago!" Peter admitted causing Athena to chuckle.

"Or today, when you found out Liz is just like every other spoiled, teenage girl" Athena spoke up "a bitch."

That wasn't true, because she was rich and wasn't technically a bitch, neither was MJ or Betty really. There was just something different about Liz and she had a feeling that their rivalry was going to continue.

"Wait So, So you seriously have an internship with Tony Stark?" MJ asked with wide eyes.

This was the part she seriously regretted.

"Uh, yeah." She pierced her lips together "since I was eight."

Technically, it wasn't a lie.

"That is so cool!" Ned exclaimed loudly, causing a few surrounding students to look their way.

Athena pierced her lips together as Peter spoke up "is that why you never came to school?"

"Yeah, basically." She nodded, shyly tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "But I dropped out because my mom thought I should try have a normal life for a year or two."

"That's reasonable" Ned shrugged.

"And humble." MJ spoke, leaning forward "Who is your mother and when can I meet her?"

"You and me both." Said Athena, dramatically sighing before tucking into her food.

"What?" They all asked in sync.

Athena looked up realising what she just said, "nothing."

—————