26 | homecoming pt 1

A couple of days had passed and the day was homecoming. Athena wasn't sure that she was gonna go but after finding out that Peter asked Liz to the dance, Athena and Ned decided to go together.

She was extremely angry at how petty Peter was being, asking Liz, Athena's one true enemy, to the ball was the wrong move for him to make.

She changed into her golden dress and gold heels. It was the first time she'd ever worn a prom dress and she was shocked, never one before had she'd thought she'd look this beautiful, but there she stood, in a glamorous dress looking like a literal goddess.

She quickly tied the silver locket around her neck before walking down the stairs.

"Oh, sweetheart, you look absolutely stunning!" Pepper said as she brought the younger girl into a hug.

"Thank you, Pepper." She smiled.

"We need to get a photo!" She said "Happy!"

Happy walked into the room "Yeah?"

"Could you take a photo of us, please?" Pepper asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, but we need to make it snappy" he said as he took peppers phone from her "I have to head down to stark industries in a minute."

Athena smiled as Pepper placed an arm around the girl's waist. The two looked into the camera as Happy snapped the photo.

"Thanks, Happy" Athena smiled as she took the phone back.

"No problem" he said "you look great by the way."

"Thank you" Athena smiled one last time before happy walked out of the room.

Athena turned to Pepper and showed her the picture "for once, I'm outshined." Pepper joked causing the young blonde to chuckle.

"No once could ever outshine you, Pep" the girl chuckled as she turned to Pepper who was infront of her.

"Natasha would be proud." Pepper said causing the girls eyes to snap to the woman's. "You've come so far since they've been gone. And I know it's been hard on you. She'd be proud."

Athena felt a tear gleam in her eyes as she looked down at her necklace "I-uh—better go, Ned is probably waiting."

"Okay, have fun! But not too much." The older blonde winked causing the younger girl to chuckle.

—————

Athena walked into the dance laughing with her friend Ned by her side, she immediately caught the attention of peter parker, who was staring straight at her, looking unbelievably shocked by her appearance.

Seeing her in that dress, looking as gorgeous as she did in that moment took peter back to their first kiss. It took him back to her and all that she's done for him. Sure, what she did may of been wrong, but Peter thought about all she did right, and it reminded him of what he needed to do.

"I'm sorry, you don't deserve this."

He ran out of the room past Liz causing multiple people to look in his direction, including Athena. She looked around before she ran after him, following him down the long hallway. When she exited the building she saw a man with a laser weapon, punching a bus around that Athena assumed Peter was in.

She ran over to the guy to take him down, but when the doors opened, Athena ran straight to Peter and put her hand on his head and looked at him with worried eyes. "Peter."

As the guy with the weapon began to walk over and strike Peter, a web hit it and there stood Ned Leeds with the slinger in his hands.

"Nice shot!" Peter exclaimed wide eyed as Athena blasted the gun out of his hand and Peter webbed him to the bus.

"Guys! The guy with the wings is Liz's dad!" Peter exclaimed to both of his friends who both went wide eyed.

"What?" Ned muttered under his breath.

"I know, I gotta tell Mr Stark. Call Happy Hogan, he's mr starks head of security—" Peter started before being interrupted.

"He won't pick up his phone, it's moving night. I'll go talk to him." Athena insisted.

Peter looked at her uncertainly, and raised a worried eyebrow, "Are you sure? I mean, is it safe?"

"Peter," Athena chuckled and placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'll be fine, trust me."

"Okay, be safe" The boy nodded.

Athena walked off in a hurry, and when she was out of sight, that walk turned into a run, and then an energy blast into the air. It was faster using her magic, but more risky — after all, Tony did tell her to lay low.

And that's what she did.

Gliding low through the long alleyway, Athena reaches the streets and stopped all magic coursing through her veins. She looked left and right down the street before beginning to run again.

It wasn't a long journey, switching between her magic and running, but after 15 minutes, Athena was finally in Manhattan.

—————