31 | the incredible hulk

Athena was nervous for what this fight was going to hold. She was sat in a window view of the stadium between Loki and the Grand Master.

"Who do you think the champions gonna be?" Athena furrowed her eyebrows, "what if it's someone we know? Like Ultron 2.0 or something?"

Loki turned to her, "I'm sure it's no one Thor can't defeat."

"I guess" the girl let out a breath. "I mean, he is a god. He can do anything right?"

"And now, without further ado, it's main event time." The simulation of the grand master spoke. "Making his first appearance, though he looks quite promising, got a couple of tricks up his sleeve. I'll say no more, see what you think. Ladies and Gentleman, I give you... lord of thunder."

Thor stepped out causing Athena to spit out her drink. His long golden locks were shaved down and all he had was short hair on the top of his head. He looked so... different.

"Watch out for his fingers, they make sparks" the simulation said "okay, this is it. Let's get ready to welcome this guy, here he comes. He is a creature, what can we say about him? Well, he's unique. There's none like him. I feel a special connection with him. He's undefeated. He's the reigning. He's the defending. Ladies and gentleman, I give you... the incredible...."

All of a sudden, no one other than the Hulk himself bust out of the wall in full suited armour and weapons in his hands.

Athena's draw dropped. This was where Banner had been all these years?

"Yes!" Thor screamed aloud in excitement.

"I have to get off this planet." Loki said and began to walk out of the door but the grandmaster stopped him.

"Hey! Hey!" Thor was waving up at the Grand Masters box "we know each other, he's a friend from work!"

The grandmaster turned to look at Athena and Loki. Loki cleared his throat whilst Athena was smiling awkwardly.

"Where have you been?" Thor chuckled "everybody thought you were dead! So much has happened since I last saw you. I lost my hammer, like, yesterday so that was pretty fresh. Loki— Loki's alive can you believe it, he's up there with Athena — can you believe that she's on another planet? Gosh, she's still so young! Guys! Look who it is!"

Athena chuckled whilst Loki's face had dropped.

Soon enough, the fight started and Athena cringed the entire time.

It went up and down from Thor winning to Hulk winning and repeating that cycle multiple times. Athena was hoping Thor would win so he could get off of the planet and back to Asgard to save his people. But just as Thor was about to win, the Grand Master tazered him to the ground and Hulk ended up winning.

Athena cringed at the sight of her good friend getting beaten up this badly, but she knew Thor was gonna be okay, after all, he was a god.

—————

Athena walked into where Thor was supposed to be with the Hulk but she only saw the green guy and a girl she knew as Valkyrie play fighting. That was until Thor awkwardly appeared from around the corner, looking like he was in an uncomfortable position.