38 | guardians of the galaxy

38 | the guardians of the galaxy

"Why are we doing this again?" Rocket asked as he yawned loudly.

"It's a distress signal, Rocket. Someone could be dying." Gamora said in a sarcastic voice.

"I get that" he replied "but why are we doing it?"

"Because we're nice." Said Quill "and maybe whoever it is will give us a little cheddar cheese for our effort."

"Which isn't the point" gamora warned.

"Which isn't the point" Quill repeated "I mean, If he doesn't Pony up..."

"We take his ship" Drax answered.

"B-b-b-bingo!" Quill exclaimed.

"We are arriving" Said mantis as they pulled up at the scene.

"Alright, Guardians, don't forget, this might be dangerous so, let's put on our mean faces." Quill said before hearing the distant sounds of a video game "Groot, put that thing away, I don't wanna have to tell you again. Groot."

"I am Groot" he said in the sassiest tone he could put on.

"Woah!" They all exclaimed together "you got some acorns on you, kid."

"Ever since you got little sap, you're a total D Hole!" Rocket turned around and exclaimed. "Keep it up, and I'm gonna smash that thing to pieces!"

The ship pulled up at the scene, and it was not pretty.

"What happened?" Mantis asked as she examined all the dead bodies flying through the air.

"Oh, my god" Quill mumbled.

"Looks like we're not getting paid." Rocket shook his head.

Two bodies tied at the wrist landed on the ship, one an older male, the other a teeanage female.

"Wipers, wipers!" Rocket exclaimed "get it off!"

They all screamed when the man opened his eye.

-----

Pulling the bodies into the ship, they placed the two bodies beside each other on the table.

"How the hell are these dudes still alive?" Quill asked in shock.

"He is not a dude, you're a dude, this, this is a man." Drax spoke. "A handsome muscular man."

"They seem to have a forcefield around them." Rocket said as he pushed the forcefield, making it go away.

"Is she alive? Check her pulse." Gamora demanded.

Mantis walked over and put her hand on the girls neck. She looked up when she felt the pulse "she's alive, barely."

"I'm muscular!" Quill insisted.

"Who are you kidding, Quill? You're one sandwich away from fat." Rocket joked.

"Yeah, right" Quill scoffed.

"It's true, you have put on weight" Drax said before motioning to parts of his body.

"Gamora, do you think I'm-?" Quill asked but Gamora kept looking at the two unconsciousbodies.

"He is anxious, angry. He feels tremendous loss." Mantis said as she touched his head. She moved over to the girl, and touched hers. "She is scared and worried, and she feels a large amount of guilt."

"It's like a pirate had a baby with an angel, and a god had a baby with a demon." Drax said as he looked at the two bodies.

"Do you reckon they're siblings?" Gamora asked.

"Well, he looks too old to be her boyfriend" Rocket said in a 'duh' tone.

"This is a real wake up call for me, okay." Quill went back to the previous topic. "I'm gonna get a Bowflex, I'm gonna commit. I'm gonna get some dumbbells."

"You know you can't eat dumbbells, right?" Rocket smirked.

Quill sighed and looked over to Mantis, "wake them up."

Mantis placed her hands on both of their heads as she softly said "wake."

Whilst the male jolted up instantly. The girls eyes slowly fluttered open as she heard loud crashes. He jumped off of the table, knocking the girl onto the floor as she placed her hands down, hovering lightly above it. She dropped her hands and let her body softly hit the floor before standing up.

Athena only saw Thor but when she turned around, she was introduced to a whole new range of people.

"Who the hell are you guys?"

-----