44 | the power stone

As everyone started running back at him, Thanos used the power stone to stop Drax, Nebula and Quill whilst Tony attacked him again.

Once again Thanos used the power stone making Athena groan loudly from the pain in her head. He pulled the small moon out of the sky and hit tony with it.

Athena ducked at the large explosion but ended up going into the air anyway.

Athena started to hover and go look for the others but was interrupted by Peter saying "I got you, I got you, sorry I can't remember anyone's names."

Athena chuckled at him before helping Drax over to Peter.

Athena looked down and noticed Thanos was in a one vs one with Strange. Athena hovered back over to Peter and said "keep them safe, I'm gonna go find Tony."

Peter nodded at her before she went away to find Tony. Athena was caught off guard before she noticed Thanos throw strange to the ground.

Athena quickly hurried over and hit him with as many blasts as she could, making him stumble. She landed on her feet in front of him and tried to hold the gauntlet open so he couldn't use any of the stones.

Thanos punched her back, but she kept herself up and hit him in the face multiple times. Thanos hit the side of her head and sent her flying to the ground but she stood up almost straight away.

"Youre powerful, little girl" Thanos said to her, "but I know your weakness."

"Oh, really?" She raised her eyebrows "and what's that?"

"The stone." He answered.

Athena furrowed her eyebrows as he continued to explain "see, certain power comes from certain things. Yours, comes from none other than this—" he he ignited the power stone and pointed his fist at her. "—This is what gives you power, but this is also what makes you weak. Time to say bye, bye."

The girl put up a purple forcefield infront of herself and ignored the pain in her head. As Thanos hit her with the power from the stone, she dug her feet into the ground and maintained the forcefield for ten seconds. The power continued and Athena started screaming at the strength she was using to hold it up until it got too much. She let go and was formed back by the power stone, feeling a large amount of pain in her body.

"Athena!" She heard Peter yell as he came and landed down beside her. He looked her up and down to make sure she was okay before noticing the blood in her nose. "Wait, what's going on with your face, why is your blood black? Athena!"

Athena opened her eyes and looked up at Peter "I don't know," she shook her head as they were the only words she managed to get out. "Help me up."

"No, Thea, something is seriously wrong with you, that's not normal," Peter said.

"I'm not normal" she said and sat herself up "Peter, can I tell you something?"

She wanted to say it now because she was sure she was dying.

"Sure, what is it?" He asked.

Athena put either of her hands on his cheek and pulled him towards her, kissing him before saying "I like you, a lot. And if something happens to me, if Thanos— kills me, promise me you'll move on and live a happy life?"

Peter looked at her with sad puppy dog eyes, "Athena, nothings gonna happen to you."

The girl shook her head "you never know, Peter."

—————