Chapter 33

Third Person's POV

that day, during school, yujin brought over all of their pictures that were taken during the athletic meet by her father who is working as a photographer.

yujin lay them out on top of her desk with 5 other best friends circling her table to look for a memorable photo for them to keep. it's hard for them to choose one as all of it looks so aesthetically incredible.

yena chose a photo of her, eunbi and minju who were dancing during cheerleading. lucky for them, they were smiling at the same time the photo was taken.

"Which one do you want, minju?" yujin asks minju who is having a hard time to pick. but she did make up her mind after a while. "this one," pointing at the photo with chaewon smiling widely looking like she had a great time that day.

"You can't even see your face there. only the back of your head. pick a different one," chaewon said monotonously clearly embarrass about minju chose her photo for her to keep.

"I'm fine with this one~~," minju reply hugging the photo to where her heart is at. "then... I'm gonna take this one," hurriedly trying to search for minju's photo. she successfully picks a photo of minju wearing a cheerleader outfit.

"no! give it back!" minju race to chaewon trying to snatch away the photo from her. but chaewon already raise her arm to where minju cant reaches her. "nope. you cant," chaewon sticks out her tongue teasingly.

"so how did it goes? you know, the reward," yena cheekily said teasing them with her eyebrow wriggle around. "the kiss," still teasing them nudging them both on the shoulder.

the victims who remembered their first kiss together after the meet have their faces flushed. "d-does it m-matter?" chaewon being the brave one between them said but she did stutter.

"They kissed," yena nodding her head. "totally," everyone starts to agree with her. yujin was the one who witnesses the kissing scene between both of them. but they didn't know that since she hides behind a pole far away but not far from them.

"by the way... thank you for the message," chaewon decided to change the topic before she gets redder. she's already flustered as it is already. "but what did you mean by ten years from now?" she continues by asking. "you'll understand it one day."

"I think what you can do for your mother now is just show her that you smile from the bottom of your heart. just like this. so there's no reason for you to suffer anymore," yujin said showing the photo of chaewon smiling that minju chose earlier.

"what's everyone doing for Christmas eve?" yena questioned everyone. "chaewon and minju, are you two going to hang out together?" eunbi asks directly to both of them.

chaewon turns her head to the side, to where minju is at, "are you free? wanna do something together?" "sure."

"then it's settled. let's go to the shrine. I heard they will do an event there. let's check it out together," yena jumping around being the hyper and active person she is.

"which shrine are we currently talking about?" minju begins the asks. "Jongmyo shrine. let's meet up at the entrance," eunbi suggests. they begin to plan out what they will do there.

yujin has been quiet for a while but it seems like no one notices it. "sorry, there's something I have to do on that day," yujin cuts them off.

"if that's the case, we will pray for you while we're at it," eunbi kindly said like a mom she is. "let's go home. I'm sleepy right now. I miss the feeling of laying on the bed," yuri stood up from her seat.

"minmin.... wanna get tteokbokki together? my treat," chaewon asks but she didn't even wait for minju to reply her when she suddenly just grab minju by her hand dragging her towards the store she's talking about. "bye!" everyone bid both of them goodbye while waving their hands.

Yujin's POV

getting dragged by the wrist by eunbi who is looking very angry with me. she took me to place with doors, scared that someone might eavesdrop us from outside.

eunbi then push me to the wall, but not too hard though she wouldn't want me to get hurt because of her. "you're lying about having something to do during the Christmas Day event, am I right?" her hand is still clutching to the collar of my blouse.

"it's not a lie. I do have something to do on that day," I said quietly under my breath. honestly, I couldn't bear to look at her in the eyes to say that, not when I just lied to my own best friend.

looking at the others, yuri and yena didn't say anything at all. all they do is just standing behind eunbi looking at me with pitiful eyes. no one dares to disturb eunbi, not when she's angry.

"oh yeah? like what?" she stares directly to my soul impatiently waiting for me to talk back. "I......." I can't find an excuse to give. even if I did say I'll help my family out, they wouldn't believe me since my parents are out of town right now.

"that's what I thought," letting her hand go from my collar only to lean to the table opposite to us. "my letter says that you go with us to the shrine on Christmas Day. you tell minju how you feel about her on that day after both of them fight and you comforted a crying minju. you're trying to change the future don't you?"

I sigh in defeat. she was right after all. she knew my plan. she knew I'll do anything to make chaewon and minju date each other even if I have to hurt myself to achieves it.

"I won't do that. ever. there's no need for me to tell her how I feel about her all these years. It has nothing to do with saving chaewon. if anything, it'll hurt chaewon giving her more reasons to commit suicide," each word felt like a knife stabbing right through my heart. it hurts. so bad. truth hurts.

"but it has to do with your future with minju. do you want to erase that? the future where you and minju got married? the confession you made to minju that night might have led to that. even if minju is in love with chaewon now, she'll-" eunbi got cut off by me.

"THAT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS WORLD!" I didn't mean to scream at her. I don't know what's gotten into me lately.

inhaling the air while closing my eyes before continues what I was gonna say, "remember what the teacher had told us about the parallel world? even if I change the future, nothing will change in the world the letters came from. minju and I got married because chaewon died. that's not the choice we make in this world. I've made up my mind. I'll never tell minju about my feelings for her. I want chaewon to end up with her and marry her in this world instead."