Chapter 29

Third Person's POV

The bright sun shines brilliantly like a fireball. The white, fluffy sunlit clouds drifted across the clear, blue sky. the little kids are running around the playground happily playing with their friends, cheering at the nice hot weather. Everyone loves a sunny day.

well except for one person though. she doesn't despise the weather or whatever, she just unusually hates it on this day. not at how she wasted holy water just to plead all night with it hoping that it'll rain at some point.

Yena sigh once again looking towards the sky. she can't deny how lovely the weather seems to be. But for the sake of her two best friends, she couldn't help but blame everything on the weather ruining the plan she made with her friends the day before.

walking towards the class with a heavy heart doesn't do anything. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY YENA!" the five best friends scream in joy with their head pop out from the doorway with yuri at the bottom followed by eunbi, minju, chaewon and the top part is occupied by ahn yujin.

Before going back home, the five best friends gave Yena her birthday present as a gratitude for being a great friend anyone could ask for.

As what the letter has said, yuri gave an umbrella to yena. her reason is that yena always or should we say never brings her own umbrella for God knows what valid reasons she has.

"Hey, yuri," yena calls her out with a bored expression staring at the umbrella. "what?" "What is this?" "it's an umbrella of course. duh," Yuri's statement makes yena sound like she doesn't know what umbrella is or even not know how it looks like.

"You can't give me this! It's so cute!" yena hugs the umbrella tightly on her chest with heart eyes. The umbrella which she called cute is yellow in colour with animated cute ducks printed all over them. I guess you can say that yuri knows yena well.

"the bickering married couple," eunbi whispers under her breath. everyone heard it except for the married couple of course. they're too busy to even hear or aware of their surrounding.

Suddenly, a strong wind can be heard from their classroom dedicating that there's going to be a heavy rain soon. Chaewon is the first person to notice the sudden weather only to realise she didn't bring an umbrella with her.

As if all of this was planned, yuri, yena, yujin and eunbi open their umbrella getting ready to walk away from their school ground. even minju brought her own umbrella since she knows it's going to rain soon.

"wait, why do you all have umbrellas?" chaewon asks suspiciously at all of them. "the forecast said it would rain," yujin answered monotonously.

"it did not! it said it'd be sunny! Share with me," chaewon asks one by one but keep getting no as an answer.

"You got one from yuri, right? let me use it," she asks yena while pouting like a child. "no! I'm going to treasure this, not use. It's a present from yuri, so it's precious."

"chae, here. I'll share with yena," minju hand out her pure white umbrella to chaewon. Wasnt as what minju expect, chaewon suddenly walks closer to her and utter, "I want to share with you. let's walk home together." "sure."

both of them was the first one to walk away with the others standing behind them smiling proudly at them rejoicing for their successful accomplish plan.

Minju's POV

The sky was tar-black and the large clouds were moving towards both of us. People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water.

Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier almost sounded like those angry bees you find when you disturb their home.

chaewon and I started to fastened our pace as the cloud began to gather in the sky. our distance from each is close but not close enough to fill in space between us.

not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable I move my body away from her side a bit further not realising my action kinda annoy chaewon.

raising her arm which was resting on her side, she held the umbrella with her left hand while the other free hand is gripping on my shoulder pulling me closer to her. "don't walk so far away. you'll get wet," she utter.

"Let's stay inside until the rain lets up," chaewon suggest dragging both of us to the shady hut. just for today, I like the rainy day. because of them, I get to stay with chaewon longer than usual.

"minmin.... do you hate it if I get close to you or hold onto you," chaewon suddenly blurt out. "certainly not."

"I don't dislike it, either. when you stumbled while putting your shoes on and grabbed me, it made me pretty happy. I'm not bothered by it at all," she scratches her cheek lightly, her habit when she feels embarrassed or shy.

does that mean she likes it if we do all sorts of skinship? should I make a move on her? debating whether to do it or not, I decide to do it anyway.

slowly making my way to her hand on her side and intertwined it with each other. the way our hands fits perfectly with each other astound me.

"once is never enough for us to hold each other's hand," I bravely said not showing how my heart beats nonstop right now. I can feel that chaewon tighten her grip not wanting to let go of our hands.

The rain brings a richness to each hue, the browns deepen in a way that soothes my heart, brings a steadiness to my soul. The grass becomes glossy, reflecting the light, a new bright shine to their wands, softly waving in the breeze.

Rain falls in crazy chaotic drops, the gusting wind carrying them in wild vortices one moment and in diagonal sheets the next. I raise up my hand, tilt my face toward the sky, feeling the water on my palm.

"Wanna go out?" chaewon suddenly asks making me jump on air a little. "if you say, 'let's go out', I'll go out with you," she continues as her eyes are looking anywhere but mine trying to avoid my gaze.

"that's okay. I'm happy even if we don't go out," I reply trying to hide the fact that I lowkey wanna date her. all she does is just sigh. I'm not sure if it's a disappointed or relieved sigh.

I want to try going out with her. the thought did briefly cross my mind. maybe that would make us even happier. or maybe not.