Chapter 18

wondering what could hyewon sunbae possibly wants to talk to me about? there's basically nothing for us to talk about. the only time we ever talk didn't go well, didn't it?

"I -I'm sorry. I'm a little b-busy right now," sounding like a panic person I am. looking at my feet as I was too scared to look at her serious and scary face glaring straight up to my soulless soul.

"I say it didn't take me that long, didn't I?!" she said lowkey raising her voice sternly making my whole body to shake in fear.

"and by the way, I don't take no for an answer," she continues as her right-hand grab onto the collar of my shirt dragging me to the other part of the building where no one dares to pass as it is abandoned and the surround looks very dark.

"You were at the library with chaewon a while back, right? What were you doing?" hand is still grabbing onto my collar not having an intention to let it go.

not to mention how her two best friends surround me too making it almost impossible for me to run away from them.

her friends are popular too in this school as one of them is the school heartthrob and the other one is the school genius. the gorgeously looking one was named Miyawaki Sakura.

the tall model looking one however was named Jang Wonyoung. she's really young, but due to her genius brain, she's able to skip a grade.

"just studying," I said timidly. "are you going out with her?" she said glaring at me. it felt like a gun was aiming towards my head. the way she asks sounds more like a threat rather than asking.

if I were to describe how she sounds like in another sentence, it would be 'don't you dare go near chaewon if not I'm going to make your life miserable.' that's totally how it feels like right now.

"no. we're just friends." "Really?" she asks in disbelief. I just nodded fastly like how fast I want this to end right now. her eyes start to move towards where I clip the hairpin at the side of my hair.

"let me see that hairpin," she forces me to give it to her but knowing her, it's best for me to do the opposite. who knows what she's going to do with it. moreover, its chaewon who gave it to me not others.

"no." "why not? it's cute," she said trying to be nice but the way how the right corner of her lips curves upward forming a smirk says otherwise. "where do you buy it? it really suits you. did you buy it yourself?" she starts to bombard me with all sorts of questions.

I can't handle it anymore. I wanna go back to where my friends are. I wanna be happy instead of feeling sad and scared right now.

Third Person's POV

Just at that same moment, yujin was walking along the way with the other girls that invite her to their exhibition.

when yujin saw how minju was surrounded by the three mean seniors, she couldn't help but feel like she needs to run there and get minjoo far away from them. she can sense the dark aura and danger even from the window.

"You girls can go ahead. I need to go somewhere for a while," yujin excuse herself in kindness. and with that yujin run as fast as she can towards minjoo and the seniors. she just wishes nothing bad will happen to minju.

who knows what will she do if she found out minju got hurt because of them. minju is her crush after all. there's no way she would let anything or anyone to hurt the one she loves the most.

Minju's POV

"what's wrong with you?! she just wants to see it?! are you deaf or something?!" it is now wonyoung who throw tantrums on me. she forcefully took off the hairpin from my hair.

but lucky for me, I was quick enough to slap her hand away. "s-stop it!" but I guess I slap too hard that my palm starts to bruise a little. "OW!"

"YOU LITTLE SHIT! I JUST WANTED TO SEE IT WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUBBORN?!" hyewon sunbae starts to push me hard making my back hits on the wall.

I wince in pain but I have to hold it in. "grab her," she commands her friends who were standing beside her.

they didn't take a second thought to obey their leader. they got closer. and closer to my side, holding or you can say hugging onto both of my arms tightly making sure that I couldn't escape.

When hyewon sunbae raise up her arm I knew for sure that I'm about to get a slap in the face. waiting for the pain, I close my eyes tightly. but it never came.

so I open my eyes slowly. and what I saw shocks me. it was yujin stopping hyewon sunbae arm who was about to hit me. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" yujin screams to her face.

I would wanna laugh at how funny hyewon and her friends look when they are scared but now isn't the right time to laugh. "don't. lay. your. dirty. hands. to. minju. ever. again."

"let's go, minju. they don't worth our precious time." it happens so fast that the next thing I knew, a hand was grabbing onto my wrist dragging me far away from them.

"I'm sorry." "What're you apologising for? it's not your fault anyway," yujin attempted to calm me down. "is your hand okay?" "Yeah. it's fine."

Back then, Yujin seemed to really care about me. if you notice her kindness yourself, please thank her. I'm sure she'll be pleased.

"I need to go somewhere for a second. you should head back to where yena and eunbi are." "Okay." and with that, I start to run to where eunbi and yena are goofing around at.

"minmin... do you have a second? " an angel- I mean chaewon who is standing at my side starts to ask. what bothers me is that she looks a little bit sorry and it irritates me to see her like that. I want her to smile and be happy. not frowning and sad.

"sure. what is it?" "give me your right hand." I furrow my eyebrows questioning at her request. I didn't get the time to reply when I felt her silky smooth hand holding it towards her carefully.

without a word, she grabs an ointment and a bandage, treating the bruise I got after slapping wonyoung's hand a while ago.

"yujin told me everything." "what do you mean?" she sighs in sadness. "that you got bullied by hyewon sunbae and her friends awhile ago. luckily yujin came at the right time to save you before hyewon sunbae could do anything worse."

after done treating my wound, she brings it closer to her face. surprising enough, it went to where her lips are. I can feel her soft and plump lips on my bare hand.

she kisses my hand... OMG, SHE JUST KISSES MY HAND SJJSKDKXL... SHE KISSES MY HAND!!! "hope it'll heal better," she said as if kissing my hand would make it heal faster than it normally is.

"by the way, its yujin who bought these bandages." "don't expose me like that," yujin said from afar.

"thank you, yujinie! thank you for everything you do!" Yujin who got flustered starts to tear up. "are you crying?!" chaewon panicked. "it's the tears of joy, chae. you should know that by now."

Did the future me send the letter knowing that the past couldn't be changed? maybe nothing can be done to save my future self from her sadness and regrets. but I'm sure the future me is moving forward.

Yujin is the dear person who saved my heart.