Chapter 14

*Serena's Point of View*

"You did what now?!" Mallow yells.

"Hush!" I say, "yes, I kissed him. It was super quick, though."

Lillie and Lana start freaking out and jumping up and down as Mallow joins them.

"It wasn't a big deal!" I say, flustered.

All of a sudden I hear a noise outside and some whispers.

"Did you hear that?" I ask the girls.

"Yeah," they all reply.

We all slowly walk to the balcony. All of a sudden I see a hand reaching up from the ledge. We all scream our heads off.
Suddenly, I see a head pop up. It's Ash.

"Hey Serena!" He says.

"Oh thank goodness it's only you," Lillie says.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. 

I grab his hand and help to pull him up as he climbs over the railing.

"Well... I came to talk to you..." he says, "I have been so dumb and haven't realized 'till now ...that I ...like you Serena-"

My face turns bright red. Did I hear that right? Did he really say that?

"- I have liked you ever since that night at the pledging tree-" he says.

"Wow Ash," I says, "I have liked you for a long time too..."

Then, we both slowly lean in close to each other. It's like everything is in slow motion. Our lips touch and I can feel him kiss me back. I can hear the girls gasping in the background. It was quick before we both pull away blushing.

"You came all the way here to tell me?" I ask him.

"Yeah, well you only have 4 more days," he says.

"Thank you!" I say as I pull him into a hug.

"I have to go before Kiawe's parents start to worry," he tells me, "but I'll see you tomorrow."

He waves goodbye as he hops of the balcony and slides down the pole. Then I see him, Sophocles, and Kiawe run away.

I turn around and look at the girls who all start squealing.

I can't believe that happened. My lifelong crush likes me back. Ash Ketchum likes me.

I start squealing too as we all run back into Lillie's room.
Wow. I can't believe it.