Kidnapped

Screw it.

He didn't have the moment to catch a bus or the cab. Norman felt like waiting was not the option right now, and his body had no patience for a bus or cab. Almost savagely, he decided to wing it and run through the streets. Most of the street-goers watched in confusion, wondering why a man in an oversized coat would run under light snowfall. But it wasn't their job to know why, so they wouldn't care to ask Norman what was wrong.

He could run like this. All the times he had practice in high school, and all the training he did in the Snake Pit — running under snowfall and in the cold was nothing. It was just the opposite of running in the jungle's sweltering heat.

Norman's mind was racing the entire time, and was still burning twenty minutes after he started his run. He was at Theodore's neighborhood now, and it only fueled his thoughts. It was a stark contrast to New York's chilly atmosphere right now.

Damn you, Theodore. After this I might as well expose you to the world. Norman cursed in his head, imagining all the ways he could expose the Snake Pit boss. He suppose he could come back, pretending to be on his side, and find Theodore's paper and digital files of the Snake Pit. Or he could come back with his sister, pretending to be traumatized.

Or he could blackmail Silver Eye, or at least convince him to move to Norman's side. He knew how much Silver Eye loved having more power, and he could get that by exposing Theodore. 

It was only those thoughts that kept him warm throughout the run. Those were the thoughts that had motivated him to continue and retrieve his sister. Norman continuously swore he would have gotten frostbite or something, or trip over a pile of snow at some point. But he didn't, or maybe as long as he focused on being angry at his "lover."

He could have been angrier than he was right now. Norman had found his lover's house now, its white exterior matching the snowy atmosphere and the windows shining bright. Any other furious lover would smash through the window, or throw rocks at the house.

 But Norman? He just kept the anger boiling underneath as he trudged up, and knocked on the door the lightest he could. 

Behind him was one gloved hand, with its fingers crossed. Before Theodore opened the door, he had hoped that his sister was safe.

Theodore was standing there, in a navy blue bathrobe and was holding a mug of coffee. He was giving something that seemed like a combination of a smirk and a warm smile. Whatever it was, it made Norman's insides stir and squirm. "Looks like you came after all, Norman. You see, I missed you a lot." now his lips curled to an actual smirk. 

Norman wasn't amused one bit, and this time it was a more genuine feeling. Bluntly, he said, "I see." 

"So, you got my message, didn't you?"

Was this man an idiot? How could Norman not run all the way here? He hoped Theodore was prepared for some good clouting. Seething and boiling inside, Norman barked at him. "How could I not run all the way here? You have my sister, and it's pathetic how you are acting so casual about it." 

Oh, wait. Norman forgot how casual Theodore was supposed to be. For someone who had kidnapped so many children before, it should have been nothing but a slice of cake. Sounds like a real treat. 

"I am way older than you are, Norman. Of course I can remain so calm and casual. It takes awhile before kids like you eventually stop complaining and overreacting," Theodore scoffed at him.

"Cut to the chase. You have my sister, and I came to get her back. Unless you want my parents to call the police on you, then that's fair game as well."