Advice

Norman took a bus to the nearest restaurant where his family's house was, hoping that his sister did not forget about their meet-up. Part of him was scared because he knew how she forget things easily, and the other reasons being last-minute cancels and a new plan popping up. He had his fingers crossed the entire time, and eyes closed to have even more hope that she might be there.

And as expected, it started snowing by the time he got off the bus. Luckily Norman was wearing an oversized version of his blue coat, because he felt a lot less colder than expected. But it sort of had a price; as he walked into the restaurant, he received curious peers from mainly the elders. Hopefully he didn't look like some graduate with really bad wardrobe decisions.

He scanned the spacious restaurant, peering past tables and rows of booth tables. At last, Norman found his sister in the far back of the restaurant, having ordered a bowl of ice cream at a booth table. And oh, he didn't have to examine her figure at all. Because, who else would eat ice cream before it's noon (now that he thought about it, what restaurant puts ice cream on the morning menu?). 

"Hey there," he greeted her, sliding into the opposite booth so that he could face her. "You got here quite early."

"Well, duh," she scooped some ice cream into her mouth, also preoccupied with tapping on her phone. She made it sound very obvious she was on time, but Norman wondered if she happened to just forget what time to get here. "Are we going to talk about your love problem now?" she asked.

"Er, yeah," the problem was, he wasn't really sure where to start. Norman knew he wanted advice on how to deal with Theodore, but didn't seem to know how to ask that. Dang, he should have practiced asking questions in class years ago. 

"Well?"

"Er... I wanted to know if you had any advice on love?" 

His sister seemed smarter than he thought, squinting at him and saying, "That's too generic. Think of something, er, less generic." she gave him a cheesy smile right after.

Norman could only roll his eyes. How do I deal with a madman? Should I break up with him? Do you have tips on trying to be straight? What do ladies like in guys? Why am I gay? Is it called that or am I just confused?

Where will he even start? 

Norman blurted out the simplest question he could ask. "How do I deal with Mr. Glass."

"I don't know," his sister confessed, looking at her phone again. "I don't know very much about Mr. Glitter. All I know is that he likes spinning tops and that he's a paperfile." 

Norman blinked at her. "Do you mean pedophile? He's not one for sure, sis."

"Dad called him one!"

"You shouldn't believe everything Dad tells you. Didn't he tell you that leaving spilled nail polish would result in a nail polish monster glomping everything?" he reminded her, remembering one of his father's lies. Another lie would have to be his Dad saying a Beyblade would possess a kid and make them fail school on purpose. 

His sister placed a hand onto her chin, and looked at the ceiling. And then she nodded at him in understanding. "Oh, right. Don't believe anything Dad tells me; I understand now." she went back to eating her ice cream, and then asked, "How about you tell me more about Mr. Glitter? Maybe I can tell you what to do that way."

"Well, he likes Beyblade a lot. He also likes the fact he could manipulate children and make them do anything. Encouragement, basically. He's also creepy and has that cold voice," he described Theodore to his best ability. He had no problem telling his sister about him now; she probably wouldn't get the idea that he was somewhat evil. "And well, he made me angry after Dad came over to his house. We... kinda got into a disagreement. He doesn't really Dad and it's very obvious."