Going Ahead

Norman raised a brow, watching Theodore come back to the table after closing the door. "Because he complained about your funky preparations. You probably didn't make the tea correctly." 

Theodore seemed somewhat amused of his reaction. "Excuse you, Norman. I know very well on how to make tea. And it was prepared right, just so you know."

"He still complained about it."

"That's just him. I've been supervising you for awhile now, so I know how awful your father is. He complains about the littlest of the littlest things. Remember that time where he got annoyed just because you were holding a basketball?"

Norman figured Theodore would try to make them move to another topic. But he wasn't willing to forfeit that easily. "He gets annoyed easily, yes. But that moment was because I thought I would hit his truck with it or something. Besides — "

"Norman, no. No more talking. We have to set up another time to meet up with your father and change his mind."

Ugh. Theodore was really trying, wasn't he? Norman felt a little surprised to know that his man was doing something really obvious. It just wasn't normal. It wasn't usual for Theodore to try completely hard and make it not so secretive. 

Stop it. I know it. Norman rolled his eyes.

His lover caught that action. "Norman, why are you eye-rolling at me?"

"Because why not?"

"Norman, no. Don't be childish with me."

Maybe he should just admit it. Maybe he should tell Theodore the real reason he swapped the tea. Besides, that would be a fair action; the two probably already knew what was going on with one another: Norman suspecting Theodore of attempted murder, and Theodore suspecting Norman of already knowing the truth.

It was fair game.

"Fine," he sighed out, glaring at him as he drummed his fingers. "You did something to the tea."

Theodore only blinked, and then chuckled. "Here we go with the conversation again. I can't have enough of that childish routine of yours, Norman."

You can't piss me off, Theodore. Norman thought, before saying, "I'm not joking; it was prepared 'funky' as I suspected. Who knows? My father is probably running home to my family, telling them of how you attempted murder or something! You enjoy poisoning a hell lot, don't you?"

That wasn't a farfetched idea. Norman could never imagine Theodore directly murdering a person with a knife or gun of some sort. Heck, the man would love the idea of a clean murder. Perhaps that's why Bladers in the Snake Pit go missing?

Well...

"I can explain," was the only thing Theodore said, now taking a seat where his father once sat. And that left the two staring at each other in the most uncomfortable way possible.

"What can you explain?" Norman glowered at him. Might as well pretend to be angry so he could make Theodore be very honest. "Admit it."

Theodore didn't seem to care about it. He didn't seem to worry about losing Norman's trust at all. "Amusing."

Norman paused for a moment, raising a brow. "...Huh?"

His lover didn't blink. "Trying to make it sound like you have the upper hand. It's amusing."

"Ugh," Norman groaned. This was seriously not a fun way to handle Theodore. He kept trying to turn the topic, and he seemed smug about it! "Tell me that you tried to kill my father! What are you, a murderer?"