Chapter Fifty-Seven.

Começar do início

It seemed stupid that he was asking considering Ronnie had said my name only a minute or so before, but obviously, he’d not been paying all that much attention.

“Jasmine.” I sharply replied, for some reason uncomfortable with him calling me Midge.

“Well, Jasmine—‘’ Suddenly, he cut himself off, tilting his head thoughtfully. “Can I call you Jas?”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever.”

“Well, Jas...I gotta hand it to you. You have something no one else does. Ronnie can’t seem to get enough of you.”

His words made me feel even more uncomfortable than I already did, and I shifted again, diverting my gaze. Seeming to notice this, Blake tilted his head even more and dug into his pocket for something, pulling out a tiny plastic bag only seconds later.

“You seem on-edge.” He stated, taking my hand and placing the bag in my palm. “These will help.”

I stared down at my hand, squinting through the darkness at the small pills inside the bag. I had no clue what they were, but all sorts of unidentifiable drugs seemed to be lying around this place. They were bright pink and had some sort of small writing on them that I couldn’t read without light. I raised my eyebrows.

“What are they, exactly?” I questioned, still staring down at them.

He shrugged, taking a long drag on the joint. “Doesn’t matter. They’ll take you places you’ve never been before in your life. Just try it.”

I continued to stare down at them, wondering whether I actually would take the risk and try them. I knew I wouldn’t be doing it because I particularly wanted to. I just didn’t want to feel like this anymore and would do absolutely anything to get rid of the unbearable emptiness I’d been feeling for the past week. And part of my mind was screaming at me to take them just to get back at Zacky.

But before I could reach into the little bag, a hand that didn’t belong to Blake shot out in front of me and took the bag away, and I looked up to see Ronnie.

“Midge, don’t.” He sternly said, his expression completely serious. He then looked at Blake. “What the fuck were you thinking?!”

Blake shrugged. “You told me to look after her.”

“Yeah, and I meant actually look after her!” He yelled angrily. “Not give her drugs! She’s not a good place right now, man. I don’t care what you think those things will do. All she needs is someone to be there for her.”

I stared at Ronnie incredulously, not quite believing the words that were leaving his mouth. He’d offered me drugs so many times, and now he was stood here, yelling at someone else for offering them to me and telling me not to take them. I found that I actually felt quite disappointed. I was going to take those pills.

“Radke, ease up, man.” Blake rolled his eyes. “They won’t harm her. She’ll probably just –‘’

I don’t care.” He snapped, interrupting him. “She’s already enough of a mess as it is. I need to make sure she—‘’

I raised my eyebrows as his attention was stolen by something across the room, and I waited for him to finish his sentence. After what seemed like ages of him just staring, he shook his head, looking somewhat irritated.

Fuck. He’s not supposed to be here.” He murmured to himself, rather than anyone else. He sighed and looked at Blake. “I need to go talk to that guy. Look after her, Blake. Make sure she’s okay. I shouldn’t be too long.”