Chapter - 29- Angelina

Start from the beginning

"That simply quotes us beautifully," I say.

"Open it." He commands picking up the box and sitting on the bed. I sit beside him and take the box.

I open the box to find a magazine with the cover of Ethan and me, laughing at each other. Happiness is real. The shine in the eyes not fake. Surreal is we need this picture to announce our marriage. It's the photograph of us four years ago. I remember the day very well. That day I was uncontainably happy.  Today I am satisfied. Protected. Loved? I am not really sure. But Ethan standing just behind me is what I need right now. And so I am contained or I would shatter.

He knows it. Because I can see I am unable to hide it. Yet he is trying.

Like instead of simply presenting the magazine, he customized it. Instead of lighting the room conventionally, he used neon and exquisite candles. Instead of going head-on with me about Ryan, he is waiting.

"It will release tomorrow." He feeds me just as I steal the glance.

The marriage proposal isn't him. I asked him if he still wanted to marry me. The tension was clear. My confusion was visible. He heard me break and roll over words. Still. He didn't think any second long to say yes.

It was upright and clear. To clear to kill my conscience.

"Yes."

I saw myself as a trophy in his eyes. I am just not sure if it was off getting me or the proposal that he had all this time. It seems fair. I am getting my house, my business, and Liam.

"What is in your pretty head right now?" He asks me holding my chin.

"I am just thinking about us," I say the half-truth.

"Should I be concerned?" Fear flash in his handsome rock solid face making his jawline line in more prominently. Maybe he is trying to hold it in.

"No. I was thinking about Liam accurately."

"He is perfectly fine. Dangling work and school too well to unseen. As a matter of fact, he asked me about you where beings."

He stares me to gauge my expression. Seems he is hiding something. I let it go.

"What did you tell? And how is he?" I ask him instead.

"I said you were with me all this time. And Liam is more than happy than he deser.." Ethan trial and began again, "that he can't contain."

Deserve was the word. I am happy he did not say that. My brother deserves a lot more happiness than Ethan thinks he should.

"I want to meet him. I want to tell him about us myself before this magazine tells the world. He deserves that."

"I wouldn't disagree. After all, he is your brother and my soon to be brother in law. " We both share a smile. Then he suddenly pushes me in the bed.

Cider and cinnamon, and toxic look by him filling my senses. He leans towards me enough to look at each other. It s been ages I am felling this Rush. Ryan was different. So soft on me. Too lovable.While Ethan always has a fire within, ready to burn you. And that's how he assaults the senses.