A gift and a song in return

You woke up alone, but with something soft over you. Blinking, you picked it up and your eyes widened. It took you a minute to recognise it.

"His cloak...?" You whispered.

At first you weren't sure what to do with it. Did you give it back? Did you leave it there? Looking between the cloak and the door, you spotted the saddle was missing and furrowed your brows. Wrapping the cloak around your shoulders your were instantly hit with the smell of wine, ink, nature and a faint smell of wood.

Standing up you padded out the room and down the halls, checking each room you can across only to find nothing. A few elves who walked past widened their eyes and quickly scurried away much to your confusion, then you heard it. The sound of grumbling. Confused, you followed it to a closed door. Knocking you waited.

"Enter."

Pushing the door open you were amazed at the sight of the room, it was a large and elegant room with armour everywhere. In the middle stood Thranduil, an Ellon you didn't know and toothless who to busy being nosy to notice you.

"Good morning." You smiled.
"Good morning Viking."

You saw his gaze flick to his cloak, though he said nothing you saw a quick flicker of emotion of his face before it faded.

"So, what's going on in here?"
"Your saddle and armour of been cleaned my lady." The Ellon bowed.
"Really?

He nodded and waved you over. Once you got closer you saw they were both squeaky clean and you grinned.

"Wow.. thank you so much!"
"We are wondering, what is your armour made of?" Thranduil asked.
"Dragon scales. Toothless' to be exact."

At the mention of his name the dragon bounded over and sat next to you.

"His scales?" The Ellon asked.
"Yup! You see dragons shed, and when they do they shed a lot. But, dragon scales make perfect armour, they are light, warm, water resistant and fire proof."
"Amazing..." he whispered.

You nodded and pulled the cloak of, folding it as you placed it onto the table and grabbed your armour, pulling it on, sighing in content, happy to have it back. Turning to the saddle you ran your hand along it and smiled.

"Thank you, both of you so much. It's been a while since they were cleaned."

The Ellon bowed once more and walked away. Thranduil picked up his cloak and you took the saddle as the pair of you walked out.

"Do you have a weapon?"
"I did, but I broke it." You grinned sheepishly.
"What do you use?"
"I can use loads of things, but personally I prefer a sword."

Thranduil nodded and led you to another room where he opened the door. Inside were many weapons, bows, swords, daggers and more. Thranduil looked around carefully before pulling a sword of the wall.

"Here."

Walking over, he held it out to you. Placing the saddle down, you took it gently from him and weighed it, flipping it before unsheathing it. A small gasp left you as you ran your fingers along the blade. It was beautiful, light and had some sort of writing on it.

"It's beautiful... so well made."

Sheathing it after a few moments you held it back out.

"Keep it."
"A... are you sure?"

Thranduil nodded his head and you quickly attached it to your back as you grabbed the saddle once more and ran after him.

"Where are we going now?"
"You wish to fly, correct?"

You nodded excitedly with a huge grin as you looked up at him, only to find he was already looking at you. Thranduil looked away, you could have sworn you saw a blush tint his cheeks.

"Then we'll head to the edge of the forest again."

Nodding you followed behind him once more, walking in silence until you reached the edge some time later. Toothless ran around and jumped while you laughed, when he calmed down you placed the saddle on his back and secured it, allowing him to run around once more as you stood beside he woodland realms king.

"Hey Thrandull?"
"Yes Viking?"
"Thank you."
"For what?"
"For being so kind to us."

Thranduil didn't say anything but you did see what looked to be a small smile on his face while he watched toothless play. Turning away, you begun to idly hum a small tune under your breath, but stopped once you realised what you were doing.

"What was that?"
"I... It was a... Uhm... song I wrote..." you said shyly.
"I see, will you sing it?"
"Y... you want me to sing...?"

He nodded and you chewed your lip, looking at toothless then him as you gulped slightly.

"O... okay... but I'm not the best of singers..."

Taking the sword of your back, you laid it gently of the ground and took a few steps back, hoping to ignore your wild heart as you avoided those blue eyes