Friend

Thranduil has changed into his armour and changed his crown as he let you both out. he stopped in front of the door.

"You must stay behind me at all times, understood?"

Nodding to him, you adjusted the saddle in your arms and begun to follow him around, getting a better look at the city. It was beautiful, many people were walking about and stopped to bow to their king. He nodded to them and headed to a large gate.

Him and he guard spoke in an unknown langue and they both glanced back at you and toothless before the guard nodded and returned to his post and Thranduil kept walking. Thankfully it didn't take long to exit the forest. As dark as it was, it was also nice.

"We're at the entrance to the forest."
"Thank you!"

Walking over to the saddle you placed held it up for toothless to see. He moved his tail a little and jumped out of the way just as you went to put it on.

"Toothless!"

Minutes went by with you chasing him until you finally planted it onto his back while gasping for air.

"That's not nice." You laughed.

Toothless laughed and stood while you walked to his other side. Glancing up, you smiled and Thranduil and beckoned him over.

"I'm going to show you how to put it on."

You explained each step in detail, showing him how to make sure it was secure and safe before clapping your hand together.

"All done!"
"It isn't as hard as it looks."
"Not at all."
"When we met in Rivendell, what was it you were carrying?"
"Oh! That was a new tail for toothless."
"New tail? But his tail seems fine."

Shaking your head, you led him to the end of the dragons tail and showed him the small rods.

"When we first met we were not friends. I had shot him down and in doing so rendered him flightless. But got me back, did you you bud? Couldn't save all of me could ya?"

Toothless jumped around and lowered his front half as he stuck out his tongue. You pulled up your trouser leg and pulled your boot of a little to show metal in place of a foot.

"He couldn't save all of me when we fell. But that's not a story for today."

Pulling the boot back up, the trouser leg back down you dropped your foot. Climbing onto toothless back, he tilted his head to look at you.

"Gently." You nodded.

Toothless extended his wings and took of, soaring slowly through the wind. Seeing Mirkwood from above was stunning, it's trees had a fiery hue as autumn dawned. There was a river far in the distance and a mountain you recognised.

The pair of you must have glided around for about ten minutes before coming back the way to had come from.

You leaned back, feeling toothless tilt you looked towards the ground to see Thranduil watching with his hands clasped behind his back.

"Let's head back down." You smiled.

Toothless did as you said and gently took you back to the ground, landing softly in front of the king.

"Happy now?"
"Very, thank you."
"Then we must head back before it get to dark."

You nodded and he led the way once more, you and toothless following behind again this time with you perched on his back.

As you finally arrived back in Mirkwood the sun was setting and many people had come to see the return of their king. Whispered were heard around the Elves though many were smiling.

"Can we go again tomorrow?"
"Wasn't that enough?" He sighed.
"No! I live in the sky!"
"We shall see."
"Yes!"

Jumping off toothless you begun to run back the castle with him following closely behind, leaving Thranduil both slightly amused and exhausted.

Running to your room, you hummed a small tune under your breath as you removed the saddle and flopped onto your bed.

"I wonder if we can get him to fly with us..." you mumbled.

Toothless looked at you and jumped onto the bed, curling himself around your smaller frame as you cuddled closer to his chest and let out a rather long yawn.

"We'll see tomorrow..."

Closing your eyes you quickly drifted into a warm slumber.

Thranduil had been walking from his study when he saw the door to your room open, curiosity got the better of him as he walked closer, stepping into the room looking for you. There he found you, dragon curled around your body as you rested your head on his chest.

"Viking.." he sighed.

Walking over, Thranduil closed the window, took off his silver cloak and dropped his gently over your resting frame. He went to move away but a green eye stopped him in his tracks.

Toothless watched him for a second before purring and closing his eye once again. With the shake of his head, Thranduil left, closing the door quietly behind him as he made his way towards his own bedroom