00 | athena

00 | athena

prologue

The room was dark and metal, the only sounds were from the faint breaths of the young, sleeping girl strapped to the table with metal holdings, and a bandage cuff over her hands to reduce the vulnerability of her getting out.

As Natasha Romanoff looked in through the bulletproof glass, she watched the girl with pity as she had her arms crossed over her chest. Even though she was used and tortured at that age, she still felt like the blonde girl was too young to be strapped to a table in a highly guarded facility because she was 'too dangerous' and an 'unknown threat to the planet'. They wanted to maintain her, and have her on their side, but Nick didn't understand, but, then again, Natasha didn't either.

She watched as the blonde girl's eyes fluttered open slowly, and saw the panic overtake her sleeping expression as she noticed where she was, or rather, where she wasn't.

She tried to sit up, but the restrains held her back. Natasha looked down before walking over to the door and pushing it open, and closing it softly behind her.

"Who are you?" The young girl asked with a stream of tears in her young voice. "Where am I?"

She didn't know where she was, she didn't know what was happening, she didn't remember anything.

Not a single thing.

"Calm down, kid, you're safe" Natasha said, coming into the light where the blonde girl saw all of her features and immediately relaxing. "I promise."

"You promise?" The young blonde said as she tried to hold back the water in her eyes due to how scared she was in the moment.

"Yeah" Natasha nodded with a smile as she pressed the button on the remote she was holding to undo the metal restrains around her wrists, legs and waist. "You don't need that."

The young girl let off a small smile as she pushed her self up so she was sitting, cross-legged. In that moment, she realised that the beautiful red head was no harm to her and not dangerous.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Natasha." The woman stated with a smile as she looked at the young girl. "Yours?"

"It's Athena."

Natasha furrowed her eyebrows as she looked down at the tablet in her hand. In her information box, it stated that her name was 'Alessia Princeton' but after what this girl had said, she was second guessing what had actually happened to this girl.

"Do you remember anything in the past 73 hours, Athena?"

"No." She shook her head "nothing at all."

cast

dove cameron as athena