Rated R for Retaliation

Notes:          

Hope you're ready for this!! I've got a very fun chapter for today and I'm excited for the build up as we get closer to the end of this fic. I'm not ready for it to end, but I'm happy with how it does :) Love you and your support as always❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Have fun and stay safe!

---

When Peter wakes up, he honestly debates staying in his extra warm bed. If he hadn't promised Ned and MJ that he would go to school, despite how sore he was after training, he would've just ignored his alarm. Plus it's a Friday, so he doesn't really have an excuse. Luckily, May surprised him with an electric heating blanket when he got home the previous night from training. It helped his cold, sore muscles recover even faster. He explained to May how he doesn't thermoregulate as well as he used to prior to the spider bite, but that was just one of the handful of drawbacks that are overshadowed by all the amazing things he can do.

As soon as he wakes up, he smells the pancakes being made. Regretfully, Peter stumbles out of bed half awake and slowly makes his way out of his room. He isn't sure if he should be concerned that May is using flammable batter or a flaming hot pan. Neither mix well with his danger prone aunt.

"How's my little spider in a blanket?" May greets as Peter waddles into the kitchen with his heating blanket wrapped tightly around him.

"I'm not little," Peter argues, his voice muffled behind the fabric. He plops onto the couch, blearily watching May flip the half burnt pancakes onto plates.

"You get it? Like pigs in a blanket, but you were bit by a spider and you're actually in a blanket," May explains with a wide smile.

"Thank you for making me painfully aware of your joke." Peter might be coming off as grumpy, but it's not his fault he isn't a morning person. Unlike his aunt. Still, he can't deny that he loves seeing her so happy.

"You better laugh at my hilarious jokes if you want to keep that blanket," May suggests as she places their breakfast on the table. Peter sits up straighter at the mild threat.

"Ha! May, you're so funny!" he laughs obnoxiously before bounding over to the table. May shakes her head, her smile never wavering.

"You better watch your sass, young man." As they eat, they chat about whatever comes to mind until it's time for May to leave for work and Peter to catch the subway to school.

"Love you, May!" Peter calls behind him as he starts walking out of the apartment.

"Hold on!" May calls back. When she catches up to him, she pulls him into a tight hug and squeezes his head "Love you, too. Stay safe, alright? We don't know when that creep is going to show up again. He already attacked the school once." Peter can tell that May is internally panicking after what happened with Mysterio the last time.

"I promise I'll be safe, okay?" Peter reassures into her shoulder. Finally, May lets go of him and sends him on his way.

During his short subway ride to Midtown, Peter's phone buzzes in his pocket. He expects to see an excited text from Ned or an impatient text from MJ, not a casual message from Tony.

   Mr. Iron Man

Tony: How you holding up, kid?

Peter: hey Mr Stark! im doing good

Peter: dont really want to go to school but ned and MJ are making me