Eleven

Notes:          

Update time!! If any of you are worried about the cliffhanger, scroll down to the trigger warning but also be aware ITS A HUGE SPOILER! But if you do get easily triggered I recommend looking at it! Look at your own risk though!

Have fun and stay safe❤🧡💛💚💙💜

-

-

-

TW & MAJOR SPOILERS// No I wouldn't kill a kid of course not I'm not THAT heartless, but there is a minor character death so please be cautious!

---

The metal gives way.

Peter's heart could stop and he wouldn't even care.

   Get up.

He pushes himself up with a surge of fear and adrenaline, forcing his legs to work.

   Move.

He manages to force himself forward for a few stumbled steps and extends his hand. The whole Empire State Building feels like it's spinning. His fingers weakly press to his web-shooter.

It misses the target.

Everything happens too fast.

His stomach churns as the metal falls.

   Oh god, he's just a kid.

Instead, all Peter can do is watch as a woman takes the boy's place, pushing him out of harm's way. She disappears under the metal frame instantly.

Peter falls to his knees, eyes wide and watery.

"Momma! Momma!" the little boy screams. Peter forces his bloodshot eyes to shift to the boy, who's now kneeling next to the mangled mess of rubble. By this time, Mysterio is long gone. He did his damage and left, but Peter wasn't aware of the villain's absence. The only thing Peter can focus on is the thought that he had just been useless as he let a woman...die. Not just a woman, a human life, but a mother.

Peter's stomach twists with nausea and his entire body flushes with warmth. His breath comes fast and his eyelids try to close, but he can't just leave the boy. He gets back to his feet, trying his best to stagger over to the distraught kid. Peter has to comfort him, because that's Peter. That's him after his parents died. That's him after Uncle Ben died. He's that boy. He knows exactly what that boy is feeling.

"Spider-Man, help my Momma!" the little boy calls desperately. The words shatter Peter's heart, because he knows the boy's mom isn't coming back. When he reaches the boy, he places a heavy hand on the boy's shoulder. "Help her!" Peter drops to the ground to shakily pull the boy into his arms, remembering that all he wanted after Uncle Ben died was comfort. He wanted May to hold him, but he couldn't even look her in the eyes. The boy desperately hugs him back.

"You should've done more." Peter can feel his heart stop at the familiar sound of the voice. "You let me die and now you let her die." He slowly turns his head towards the voice, his eyes wide.

"Uncle Ben?" He holds the sobbing boy tighter.

"Peter, why didn't you do better? Be better? You knew what I always said. That woman was your responsibility. Now you've let that poor kid down," Ben says, grief evident in his distorted voice. Peter isn't sure if he starts crying at the words or purely at the sound of hearing his uncle's voice. The voice he thought he'd never hear again.