Dad in Shining Armor

Notes:

HOW ARE THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN FAR FROM HOME FEELING???? NO SPOILERS HERE OR IN THE COMMENTS <3 I FEEL LIKE THE WHOLE THING WAS A FEVER DREAM,,,,,

Due to people asking to follow me on social media, I have two accounts on Twitter! I made @Kevy_Fanfics for purely fanfic related stuff and my personal account is @kevy_grayce for nerd related content. HOWEVER on @Kevy_Fanfics it's more fanfic related stuff! Same deal with Instagram, @kevygrayce personal and @Kevy_Fanfics for fanfics!

For those of you who are just joining or are reading in the future, welcome! Very fun chapter today filled to the brim with Irondad because it's what you all deserve :') Finally I get to put my EMT knowledge to use!

---

Peter can feel the sweat slowly dripping down his face as he tries to gasp in breaths. He feels like he's on fire. The soda should've diluted the alcohol, so why does it feel like his body is trying to kill him? There was barely any alcohol to begin with, it was probably just for laughs. It shouldn't have caused this. He can hear voices around him, but he can't tell whose they are. It's hard to focus on anything. The voices are...comforting? Sort of? He doesn't know.

It isn't until he hears a familiar whirring that he tries to focus on anything aside from his body attempting to spontaneously combust. He knows that sound. It's the same sound he heard over the phone. He slightly lifts his head in time to see the red and gold glint of the Iron Man suit land with a clunk on the concrete. Oh. That makes sense. But Iron Man being at a high school party for a high school nobody isn't going to be good publicity. Is Mr. Stark going to get in trouble for this? No no, he already has enough problems with the Accords. It's not fair. It's not fair. Peter's head falls back again, but lands on something soft. He's too out of it to realize it's Ned's hand that catches his head.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., get me his vitals from Karen," a mechanized voice orders. Suddenly, Iron Man's faceplate completely takes over Peter's view.

"Hey," Peter gasps out, trying to sound casual. There's a brief pause, for F.R.I.D.A.Y. to answer Tony, before his faceplate lifts. His eyebrows are drawn together in barely hidden concern and his soft, brown eyes are enough to send Peter into waterworks. "I'm...sorry." Against Peter's will, his voice cracks.

"Nope, no sorries allowed. It'll be okay. You hear me?" Tony states firmly when he notices Peter's breathing pick up due to the sudden crying. Unruly tears stream down Peter's cheeks, making him feel weak. He presses his lips together to desperately pull himself together and nods. "Good. Now, what have I said about taking things from strangers?" Tony is trying to cover up his nerves with humor. Peter can deeply relate.

"Nothing," Peter plays along with a slight smile. A corner of Tony's mouth tugs up into a lopsided smile. Unfortunately, it quickly fades when he looks up. Peter tries to follow his gaze, but Ned's hand stops him from turning his head. Tony's faceplate snaps closed with a tink, an intimidating addition to his menacing shouts.

"Hey! If I find out one of you did this, I'll have my lawyers here to sue you faster than you can try to upload a damn picture!" Tony yells, his face contorting in rage underneath the mask. People continue to take pictures and videos of the scene regardless. Peter instantly grips onto the forearm of the Iron Man suit, making Tony's glowing eyes snap back to him. Peter shakes his head, hoping Tony gets what he means. Tony takes a visible breath, then gently slides his arms underneath Peter's neck and knees. Everything seems blend together as Peter's vision swims. If he's flying us to the Tower then this isn't going to be fun.

"Don't...wanna..." Peter tries to explain, but his brain isn't working right.

"I know, kid. I know." Tony's tone is gentle, like the time Peter had an anxiety attack in the workshop. He's surprisingly comforting when he needs to be. Without warning, they rocket into the sky, making Peter's stomach do flips. Peter grips onto Tony's shoulders, no doubt denting the armor, but the unexpected adrenaline coursing through his body doesn't care. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., send Peter's trending vitals to Helen Cho and tell her that we need her in the Medbay ASAP." Tony looks down to Peter next. "Okay, we're gonna fly over to the Tower and Helen will- hey, eyes on me, bud." What? Oh, my eyes are closing. Regardless of the exhaustion pulling at his eyelids, Peter forces them to stay open. "There we go," Tony praises.