Trouble in Not-So-Paradise

"Alright, Mr. Parker, I think we're done here," Dr. Cho informs Peter as she types away at her computer. Thankfully she hasn't bombarded him with too many questions, only the necessities. She doesn't seem to be particularly emotional either, instead relying on calculation and rationale. However, she seems like a nice and an all-around friendly person.

"Thank you, Dr. Cho. I appreciate you coming out on such short notice," Peter thanks sheepishly. He hates being a bother. Dr. Cho looks up from her typing and offers him a small smile.

"Not a problem. Now, let's go over what we talked about one more time. How are you going to prevent the sleep paralysis and apnea?" She figured out that Peter couldn't move or breathe last night because of sleep paralysis, which is apparently fairly common.

"I go to bed at the same time every night and get enough sleep." How in the world am I supposed to go to sleep at the same time when I'm out patrolling? It's not like I can control what time bad guys decide to leave Queens alone, Peter argues in his head. He's just glad Tony didn't tell Dr. Cho about him being Spider-Man.

"Good. Besides that, you're in good shape for someone your age. I'd like to see you put on some weight, though." If only Dr. Cho knew how much Peter had to eat in a day with his metabolism.

"I'll do my best," he assures anyways.

"You're one of my most cooperative patients Stark has ever given me. It was a nice change of pace." Dr. Cho smiles and Peter feels a strange sense of pride at her praise.

"Happy to help! Thanks again."

"You're welcome. Have a good night." With that, she closes her computer and they both leave the room. She walks down the hall, probably off to see another patient, and Peter walks back into the elevator. That went better than expected. Now he knows what caused the episode from last night and how to prevent it. He chuckles to himself, is this what progress feels like? But the further up he goes in the elevator, the faster his new hopes fade. His enhanced hearing allows him to hear voices through the walls, and they aren't happy.

"...not okay, Tony! How could you drag a fifteen year old kid out of the country?! You can't just do that because of who you are!" It's Pepper's voice without a doubt.

"I know it was a stupid move, okay? I was desperate and wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders! He's not that young, he can think for himself! He was almost fifteen!"

"He's too young regardless! Fourteen is way too young, he couldn't even legally drive at that age! I don't want excuses! And I don't want to have to hold a shaking child in my arms who shouldn't even be old enough to have PTSD in the first place! You saw him!" The yelling gets louder as Peter approaches the penthouse floor.

"I did my damndest to protect that kid! Why the hell do you think I made him that suit?! He was swinging around in pajamas before I met him!"

"So instead of giving him a suit to keep him safe, you used the suit to bribe him to join your team? And then took away the only that could protect him?! When will you finally realize that your actions have consequences just like the rest of us?! He could've gotten killed!"

"You don't think I realize that?!" Tony's voice gets more angry the more they argue.

"No! I don't think you do! The suit can't protect him if you take it away, Tony!"

"You don't know the whole story, alright?!"

"Obviously not! Communication is always too much for you! But no, I get no heads up that this poor kid is shattered . Can't you see that?!"