Out of Control

Ned, MJ, and Peter take their time walking to school, which is now only a few blocks away. They decided to walk to school together after they spent the night at the apartment. The sleeping over part wasn't exactly planned out, they just accidentally fell asleep after the second movie. May decided to call Ned and MJ's parents to let them know they were spending the night.

"All I'm saying," Ned continues his rant, "is that it wasn't the entire military that was trying to destroy Giant. It was Manly who was so set on blowing him up! The rest of the military was standing down when Manly decided to nuke everyone," he recalls bitterly. If you couldn't already tell, they watched Iron Giant last night. A true, childhood masterpiece. But of course, MJ is critiquing it. Well, she's critiquing mankind, more specifically. Again.

"All I'm saying is that just because we have guns, doesn't mean we should use them. Humans are trigger happy. They shoot anything that moves. Not everything is solved with bullets, but if we knew that there wouldn't have been two World Wars to end all wars," MJ counters effortlessly with her hands in her pockets. Peter is about to join in the debate when his phone beeps in his pocket. He quickly pulls out his phone to see an alert banner lighting up his screen:

New York Police Department

8:08 am- Ongoing- Grand Central Station, 89 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017, unidentified suspect causing a public disturbance. Armed and dangerous. No shots fired.

    Public Safety

    New York County

Oh shit. Peter immediately springs into action, pulling the backpack off his shoulder which instantly catches the attention of his friends.

"What's wrong?" Ned notices Peter's sudden shift in mood.

"Someone's attacking Grand Central Station. I gotta go."

"Do you need me to go back home to my computer?" Ned offers. Peter shakes his head, even though it would be nice to have his Guy in the Chair.

"You two get to class. Can you cover for me?" Peter quickly asks. MJ shrugs her shoulders before saying,

"We can try." With her confirmation, Peter sprints toward the nearest alley. "You're just going to change there?" she calls after him.

"Yep!" Peter disappears into the secluded alley and yanks the suit from his backpack. He quickly changes, webs his backpack to a brick wall, and starts swinging towards Manhattan. "Hey, Karen! Can you tap me into the Grand Central Station surveillance system?" Her voice comes to life, as cheerful as ever.

"Of course, Peter," she calmly replies. "Don't forget that you have a test in economics tomorrow. You have a B- in that class, which is currently your lowest grade by twelve percent." Peter winces at the thought of having anything less than an A- on his transcript. He swings through the streets as fast as he can and shoots a web to a beam of the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge.

"I know, I won't forget, but can we please focus on the whole catching the bad guy thing first?" As soon as he finishes, a small window of footage pops up on his interface. "Thank you!" He makes it across the bridge and heads toward Grand Central Station. Unfortunately, he wasn't prepared for who was on the surveillance. "Mysterio?! What's he doing now?" This is bad. This is bad.

"He appears to be antagonizing the security guards," Karen answers his rhetorical question. It's true though. The security guards are firing shot after shot at Mysterio, none of which are actually doing any damage. He's probably using an illusion, but the guards don't know that. Okay, this is where the training comes in. Peter is almost there when Karen speaks again. "Would you like me to contact Tony Stark?"