Chapter 15

"Why did you lie?!!!"  I yelled in the car.

"Calm down Dimple." Brian rolled his eyes.

"Calm down!...... Why did you lie Brian? I wanted to go." I scoffed and whined at the same time.

He shot me a glare and I gulped.

"Well........ It is not exactly a lie." He told.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Actually it is a family dinner at my home and I want you to be my date." He explained and I just stared at him.

He looked at me and turned his face back towards the road.

"So...........?" He scratched the back of his neck.

Blush crept up my face. I started fidgeting with my fingers and then I realized something.

"Holy fucking cow I can't come" I widened my eyes.

"Um...... It's fine but can I know why?" He asked.

"My sister has been bugging me and Sam to meet her fiance's family, so we agreed to meet his family on monday." I rolled my eyes.

"It's fine" He shrugged. I bit my lip as the car halted.

I get out of the car and swing my backpack across.

I bend to the window and waved at him.

"Don't be late" He told and I nodded.

***********************************************************************************************

I grabbed a pair of swimsuit as Harper texted me to do so.

I check the time and see that there is 15 minutes before Brian comes to pick me, so I decided to grab something to eat.

I run downstairs towards the kitchen and search something to eat. I took an apple lying on the fruit basket on the dining table and sat on the kitchen island eating it.

Just then I heard a voice in a hushed tone.

"Yeah kay I'll come over. yeah yeah kay love you." I heard Sam's voice and my eyeballs popped out of my socket.

I jumped down the island and turn towards Sam with widened eyes. He looked at me and his eyes widened too.

"Holy fuck" He muttered.

"who was on the phone?" I asked.

"Just a friend" He shrugged.

"Cut the crap Sam and tell." I told,jokingly.

"It is none of your business." He spat and I was slightly taken back by his reply.

He never hid anything from me unless he knew what he was doing was not right.

"Is she someone you are not supposed to be with." I asked, suspiciously.

His eyes widened.

"Wh-Why would .......you say th-that?" He stuttered.

"Sam you are stuttering. Who is it?" I asked ,calmly.

"I'm not ready to tell you." He shaked his head

" Sam this is the first time you are not telling me anything." I told in a low tone.

"I said I don't wanna talk about her. Could you just drop it?!" He snapped.

Just then I heard Brian's car honking. I grabbed my backpack, swung it over my shoulder and walked off.

"Fuck off Sam! Don't come to me later saying you messed up" I roared before banging the main door close.