Chapter 22: Twilight zone?

I wake up to the comfort of a soft bed and yet it feels like a prison. I know where I am and I know why I'm here no amount of comfort in the world is going to make this feel like home. This bed could be made out of gold and I wouldn't care.

'How could he do this? How could this man I thought I knew turned out to be a monster? He was one of my best friends in college we were so close. Even considered dating him for a few months ago. Then I thought we should be friends as I was still very much in love with Edwin and developing serious feelings for Shane so I shut down all thoughts of a romantic relationship with Sandro thinking it wouldn't be fair to him if I wasn't fully into him that way. I should have known there was always a reason it just didn't feel right. I guess you could call me Dionne fucking Warwick because I should have been in the Psychic Friends Network.

He claims he loves me and yet he does this even love is a friend you can't do this to someone. how could you do this to someone? If this is his love than I want no parts of it not even as a friend. I cut all ties when I found out that he staged everything between Edwin and Emma but a part of me still wanted to be friends. A part of me just said that he just went about it the wrong way but he truly loved me and he just didn't know how to handle it. Now I see that is not the case he is a monster. He shot my men Point Blank. Okay he did not shoot them he literally shot only Emma and I think the one guard in the head but he had his men should the other ones so that makes him know better. I know that Edwin is also in the mafia or some crime thing I'm not really sure but I'm sure that there's killing and I'm sure that he's had his hands dirty, but I will tell you what I'm a hundred percent sure that he did not ever kill someone over trying to covet someone else's wife. He did not threaten to shoot a pregnant woman because another woman that he desired wouldn't go with him. I might not know a lots of things about my husband's extra curricular activities but I know him in that aspect.

I need to get out of here this man is insane. What does he think he's going to accomplish with me being here? Oh what lock me in the pretty room and suddenly I will forget my whole life.. my family.. my baby's and decide oh you're the man that I've dreamt of my entire life. I don't fucking think so. I've watched enough Criminal Minds to know that this is not going to end well I'm going to either probably be his personal sex slave until he decides he's bored with me and kills me and then he's going to like ship my head to my husband. That or he's going to sell me to someone else they're going to get bored of me after a while because I mean come on who wouldn't I'm really not that great and then they're going to kill me and ship my head to my husband so either way my husband's getting my head shipped to him I just hope that they use UPS and not FedEx because those bitches always drop the packaging.' I rant inwardly.

All of a sudden I hear soft knocking at the door. 'Why is he even knocking? I don't understand this man you take me by force after threatening to shoot everyone that I care about and you're going to knock on the door?' I think. The door slowly opens and a young girl's head leans in. "Hello may I come in please?" her sweet voice rang out and I just nodded. I mean what else am I supposed to do. She's beautiful I would say in her early twenties. "Hi my name is Grace and it's very nice to meet you. I'm sorry for the circumstances but I'm sure you know how it is." She said that last part more of the statements then a question. "No Grace I can't say that I do. Never had to really deal with crazy growing up or in my life." I say just a hint of annoyance. She cast her eyes down and nods her head. "I'm really sorry this is happening to you. You have to understand that as long as you give him a chance he'll be good to you just don't upset him and he'll treat you like a queen. He always talks about you. How innocent and pure you are and how much he loves you. That you are his everything. So as long as you do as he asks he'll give you whatever your heart desires." She explains. "Okay first of all who are you? Secondly I don't want to give him a chance and don't want to be nice to him I don't want to give a flying fuck in hell what would make him happy. I don't want any of this I want my family back I want my husband back I want my babies back I want my lover back I want everything that he is not." I begin to rant and my voice raises as I go on.

"I'm very sorry I didn't introduce myself properly. My name is Grace as I told you before I'm Alessandro's wife." She says. "I'm sorry his what? Wife when did you get married? I'm just asking because literally a few months ago I was living here well not in this house but I was living in Italy here with him." I explain. "Yes I know. Him and I have been married awhile. That time you met him in college and he had to leave and move back to Italy. That is when he married me. Please do not misinterpret anything that I'm about to say. It was not a marriage of love it was a marriage of convenience. My father is also in the same business field as his father... which I'm sure you know what it is and they wanted to merge the two families together. I was only 16 and neither of us had a choice." She explained "I know all about you. I know that you are his greatest love and I don't hate you.... I don't. I envy you honestly. He's the only man I've ever known. The second man I've ever given my heart to. Despite what I should do I want to help you to ultimately help him. If I teach you his favorite things and what he likes then you'll make him happy and in return that will make me happy." She continued to explain as I look at her like she just grew a third head.

"Ladies and gentlemen we have now reached the Twilight Zone." Is the only thing I said to her.