Chapter 17: I'm not that special.

"Please allow me to play the audio for you so you can hear for yourself." The investigator said. "Remember he is calling Junior Bradley because that was his allies." He explained.

(The Recording)

A: so Bradley tell me what got you into the shipping business?

J: well it's pretty simple my family owned this business and it was given to me. It was always going to be mine since birth there's no extravagant story about how like I just love ships and it was my calling no not the case it was just something that was passed down.

A: Yes like most of us. So speaking to you over this time I have been told that you obviously know my family business not just the shipping one but the other more secretive one. So let's not beat around the bush most men when they want to go into a business deal with someone like me who happens to be the Don of a great Mafia Family....My question to you is knowing who I am and my resources why do you want to go into business with me?

J: Well that is also a pretty simple answer. One, I don't plan on getting on your bad side so I don't plan on there being any problem only prophet between us, and secondly I seen that you have collaborated with a lot of very well-known companies such as Mrs. Donovan's family-owned business. I don't know her well but I've heard of her and I know her well enough through business to know that her and her husband wouldn't do anything that they thought was illegal.

A: Well you are right and wrong on different levels. One being that it's good not to get on my bad side and if you stay on my good side it's nothing but profit. Another is that Abigail DeLawncrey is a very smart business woman. A few things that you did get wrong. Her and Edwin Donovan are no longer married. As for his stand up guy reputation that is false. She is a pillar of the community yes. She is an angel of innocence. However she does not know the first thing about her ex-husband or the family he is from. He always kept her in the dark as did everyone around her.

You see we all went to college together and one of the reasons why Edwin and I were such great nemesis. Was not just because we were fighting over who's more popular. Or fighting over Abigail herself, but it's because our families have a long history of battle between one another. You see Donovan runs the Irish syndicate, and in case you don't know what that means he is also a Don.

My poor sweet innocent beautiful Abigail however does not know what she married into. He is very good at hiding things from her. He is known for his cruelty and coldness. They say he once raped a woman to death in front of her husband and small kids as payment for the husband's debt.

J: Wait a minute so you're saying that Edwin Donovan runs the Irish mafia? You're saying that his wife who he claims is his whole world has no idea that he was the leader of an organized crime syndicate? That's almost too far-fetched to even be real.

A: Hahaha..  Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. You see Abigail is smart when it comes to business but she is completely naive when it comes to the real world. All of her businesses are the legit. Including the one that she started with Donovan. That is the one business that he owns that has nothing to do with any sort of criminal activity. That I will give him... he respected her enough to not drag her into that. That's all though he is more tainted then the whore in church fiddling herself to the priest. 

J: Well that is a lot to take in...but if I'm honest the only thing I heard out of that whole thing was that him and Abigail are getting a divorce which must mean she's single and ready to mingle and lucky for her so am I. I've always thought her to be beautiful beyond belief.

A: That she is beautiful. Many have said she's the most beautiful creature that has ever step foot on this planet, but just because she's divorcing Donovan does not make her single. You see I staked my claim a long time ago. Back when we were in college actually, and I made some calculated moves to ensure that she will be mine forever.

J: I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean. I understand that you don't want me to pursue her fine but what are you talking about calculated moves?

A: Well since you're never going to meet her, and I trust that you wouldn't want to get on my bad side knowing who I am. I'll let you in on a little secret. You see a long time ago back when Donovan and her first started dating. Her best friend Emma and Donovan's friend Morrow also were dating. Well I set it up so that both couples the one night got in an argument and Emma and Donovan happened to meet up at this club. Well there I paid for the bartender to slip Rohypnol into both their drinks. After two drinks they were completely gone and it was easy to convince them to come back to my hotel room stating that Abigail and Jack were there waiting for them wanting to end these arguments that they were in. The two both willingly followed me into the hotel room. You see it wasn't really hard when it comes to Emma because I was Emma and Abigail's best friend it's a little bit more convincing Edwin because again he didn't trust me he should have listened to his instincts more because when they ended up falling asleep after a few moments after I told him just to wait for Abigail and Jack to come. When they went to sleep I undressed them both and covered them up then left after taking some pictures of course. Next morning they woke up obviously together in the bed with no memory of how they got there but in their tangled into each other. What I didn't expect was that Emma was already pregnant with tomorrow's baby, and that was just the icing on the cake. You see after they swore to each other that they would never tell anybody what had happened and they would take it to the grave she found out she was pregnant while the last person she remembered having sex with was Donovan. Let's just say things got hell of a lot more interesting more than I could even have imagined. This whole time I actually had to leave and go back to Italy for some business with my father but I had people looking out over them and over Abigail. Unfortunately for my plan Emma end up losing the child and they never spoke of it again so the truth never came out to break any of them up. Then I hear later on years later that Abigail and Edwin are getting a divorce because she caught him cheating with a man. Now we all knew that Edwin likes sausage I mean even in University. I swear he turned all the straight men gay with some kinda magic, but when Abigail found him and they were getting a divorce I knew it was my time to come back and claim back what was mine.

J: wow dude you must really love her. I don't think I could have come up with such a elaborate plan for every girl that peaked my interest.

A: so you see that's the thing Abigail is not just any girl Abigail is my girl and I would kill for my girl but I don't have to now. She's mine now. She's moved here to Italy and we will be a family soon. Even though I don't like it... I have willingly accepted her son who she shares with Donovan and the little girl that she is carrying within her it's also his. I feel that that's another peace to my ultimate revenge against him. You see not only did I take the love of his life, but I've taken his children.... soon they will call me Daddy. His son is pretty loyal to him even though he is sweet like his mother and is never disrespectful to me but you can see that he's very loyal to his father. That baby girl on the way that's going to be a different story I will hold her first. I will be there for her when she's sick. I will be the father she knows. He will be the man that they visit every once in awhile. You see if only Edwin taken my warning into consideration when it came to leaving Abigail alone that she was mine then I wouldn't of had to have destroyed his life. Now not only do I have the girl and the family but I get to sit back and watch the downfall of the Magnificent Edwin Donovan.

Junior cut the audio and the room was just quiet everyone was stunned.
"Okay one I'm not that special that everybody needs to be fighting over me and coming up with these masterful plans to to win me back, and two can somebody please tell me what the fuck is going on? What is he talking about? You are in the mafia?" I say.