Chapter 26

We were running through woods, they seemed so familiar yet so different. Nala and Dash were crying, I noticed the tears flowing down my face too, what's going on? Then I heard yells behind us, gun shots, screams, mournful cries...

I screamed" Run Dash!" My body jolting, sitting straight up, my vision cleared and I saw I was in our room. I breathed heavily, and my dad rushed over to me.
He whispered" Hey, hey, hey... shh, calm down, shh, it's alright, Huntleigh. Just another nightmare." I calmed down, breathing slowly, copying his breathing pattern. I looked at him," Do you know what day it is?"
I mumbled" Wednesday... we're on a hunt..."
" Yeah, that's right. You okay?"
" Y-Yeah, I'm okay."
" It was another nightmare, huh?"
" It was so real... terrifying..."
" Dash and Nala are safe at home being watched by Butterfly and Raven, I promise."
" T-The hunter... he was-"
" Yeah, I know. Come on, let's get you back to sleep." He laid next to me, I noticed the laptop open and notes scattered on the desk. I cuddled into his side, closing my eyes again, I gulped as I saw the man in my mind, I nuzzled my face into my dad's chest, and breathed out." Just breathe, calm down, it was just a dream, little one."
" Okay, yeah." I calmed myself down, my dad started humming, it lulled me to sleep.

I was sitting upside down off the edge of the bed, watching my Dad and Dean research for this case.
I said" I bet vampires."
Dean asked" How much?"
" $20 and dinner."
" I'm in. Sammy?"
Dad answered" I'm in." I checked the time, oh shit!
I stated" 3:45, coroner closes in an hour! Go, now!" Dad and Dean stood up, rushing out the door, I saw their ID's," Dad! No! IDs!" I jumped up, grabbing the IDs and running to them, I sighed." I swear! If you two didn't have attached heads, you'd forget those too!"
" We know! We know!" He closed the door, I sighed and locked the door, looking at the window. I watched them drive away, I turned on my heel, grabbing my phone. I fell back onto the bed, calling Finn,
He answered" Hello?"
I asked" Hey, boy. Whatcha doing?"
" Heading to the bunker, Cas and Jack are having a ruff time dealing with Dash."
" Good luck! Dash doesn't like being away from me, we all know that, he's far more attached to me than Nala is. Just skype me on your laptop, okay? I'll calm him down."
" How's it going on your side, girl?"
" If I'm right, I'll win a bet and get $40 plus a free dinner of my choice."
" Oh! What did they bet this time?"
" I actually set the bet, I say we're working on a vampire case, but they think otherwise."
" What'd you do, cheat?"
" Duh! I asked a dog, who's owner was a victim, who survived, luckily."
" Damn, you're a cheater."
" Only when it comes to betting, because they're so naive to my ability sometimes."
" Yeah, I bet."
My laptop rang, I answered it and saw Dash,
He said" Momma! Momma!"
I shushed him," Hush, my baby, it's okay."
" Want you home?! I miss you!"
" I know you miss me, we'll be home soon enough."
" But I want you home now!"
" I can't be home now, you'll have to wait, and it's all gonna be okay."
" Okay, momma... I'll be good now."
" That's my baby."

Once Dad and Dean got back, they were looking at me, annoyed, both forking over $20.
I asked" It was a vampire, wasn't it?"
Dean grumbled" Yeah." I laughed, smiling at Dad," Cheating ass."
" Me cheating? No way!"
Dad asked" How'd you know it was a vampire, Huntleigh?"
I smiled," I asked a pet."
Dean grumbled" Knew it! You little cheating ass!"
" Oh, yeah!"
" Well, we're going to kill the vamp, you stay put."
" Oh, come on!"
Dad said" No, Huntleigh."
" Fine, fine." They left quickly, after getting everything that they needed from the room.

Once we pulled into the bunker, I was tackled by Dash, being licked and pawed at. I laughed and pushed his face away from me, I smiled at him, kissing his head.
I said" Hi, yes, I'm home." He chirped happily, then bounced off to annoy Nala, probably. I stood up, smiling in his direction, Finn ran up and hugged me, spinning me in the air. I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck, holding onto him." Hi, boy."
He said" Hey, girl." I looked into his brown eyes, I fully trusted him, he's my best friend... I'd trust him with my own life. I kissed him, his lips are so soft... whoa! We pulled away from each other, staring at the other, I gulped, smiling awkwardly. He mumbled" Whoa..."
" Whoa... that was awesome."
" Yeah, totally. Wanna do it again, girl?" I nodded, he kissed me, his hands holding my face and deepening the kiss. We pulled away, smiling ear to ear, whoa... that was totally worth everything.