Chapter 20

I woke up to Dash licking my face, I smiled and opened my eyes, he chirped happily.
I said" Hey, Dash. What time is it?"
He said" 1:30 pm."
" Holy shit, I slept through the night?"
" Yep! You were really sleepy."
" Okay, where's dad?" I looked over at the chair and saw he was gone,
" He's in the kitchen, making coffee. He's been waiting for you all night."
" Okay." I stood up, whimpering in slight pain,
" Are you okay?! Let me go get Sam!"
" I'm okay, I'm okay. Go on, go play with Nala." He nodded, then walked out, I changed my clothes, into cotton shorts and a tank top. I walked out of my room and headed for the kitchen, walking slowly.
Once I got to the kitchen, I saw my Dad and Dean, they both looked up from their laptops.
Dad said" Hey, little one, how're you feeling? Do you need something to eat? Or drink?"
I said" Dad, I'm fine."
" Fine? You got shot."
Dean said" We've had worse, Sammy, she's just fine."
" Okay, okay, I'll stop being a papa bear, happy?" I smiled, nodding my head and walked over to them, I yawned, sitting down next to my dad quickly. Flinching a bit as my body betrayed me with the pain from the wound." Liar."
I said" Learned from the best, dad! So, what're we doing today?"
" You are relaxing for the day, and preferably not leaving the bunker for the day."
" Okay, okay, I won't leave the bunker for the day. And honestly just wanna sleep and watch movies all day."
" I'll bring you some snacks in your room."
Dean asked" Want me to get the sheet and hook up your projector to your computer?" I nodded," On it, Hunts." He got up, walking towards my room, I sighed and looked at my dad, he smiled at me, kissing my head.
" You feelin' okay, little one?"
I said" Yeah, I feel fine."
" You don't have to be tough, kiddo, I'm your dad."
" I'm just a little hot, is all. I'll be fine, it's probably just those pain fevers."
" Yeah, alright." Nala and Dash walked up to us," Hey, guys, look who's up." Nala ruffed, nuzzling her nose into my hand,
" Hey, guys. Movie day. Room." They both took off to our room, to get comfy and cuddly for movie day. I smiled at Dad," I'm fine, dad. Wounds heal."
" Want me to call Cas or Jack to heal it?"
" No... I want the scar, it's a mark of battle." He smiled at me, ruffling my hair," Love you, moose."
" Love you too, little chipmunk." I giggled," Need a cuddle buddy? Want me to call Finn?"
" Nah, he's probably worried sick about me, he does not need this stress on him. I'll steal Dean or you, probably, so be prepared to get kidnapped."
" Okay." He chuckled, rubbing my head, smiling at me," You're so brave, little one, how in hell are you so brave with what you've been through."
" Guess I'm tough like my dad, huh?" I smirked," You know, the man who is very stupid about doing things, and somehow has lived through it all."
" Ha ha, very funny." He smiled at me, I stuck out my tongue at him, he laughed.
" Snacks, daddy-o!" I got up, walking to my room, I yawned and my vision blurred a little. I grabbed the wall, whimpering,
I heard Dean say" Huntleigh? Hey!" I snapped back to see Dean standing in front of me, his hands on my shoulders." You okay, kiddo?" He looked at me, I could see the concern swirling in his eyes.
" I'm good, I'm okay, Dean."
" Yeah, right. Let me see your wound." I lifted up my shirt, letting him see the wrapped up gun shot wound.
" Am I good?" He pulled my shirt back down, looking at me,
" Yeah, you're good. You're probably just getting better. Hey, movie's all set up, Nala and Dash are on the bed, waiting. Go watch some movie." I smiled, then walked to my room, to see Nala and Dash on the bed. I giggled, walking to them and laying down between them, they cuddled up to me and I turned on a movie for us to watch.

Sam's POV
Dean walked into the kitchen, he checked the hallway,
I asked" Dean?" He turned to me, walking up to me,
He answered" I didn't want to scare her, but I think she's bleeding again, I guess she moved around a lot in her sleep."
" Is she okay?"
" She got dizzy in the hallway, so I don't know, we'll clean it up when she goes to sleep. You know she won't last long, she's tired."
" Yeah, okay." I grabbed a tray, putting all the snacks and drinks she wanted.
I walked into her room, she was cuddled up to Nala and Dash, watching The Sandlot. I smiled, and sat the tray down,
I said" Here's your snacks. Dash, stay away from the jerky... or you're sleeping in the dungeon." Dash chirped, looking at me," Your farts after jerky kill anything in the 10 mile radius." Dash shook his head, then looked at Huntleigh,
She said" He says it's not his fault that you can't handle his stench."
" Huntleigh, back me up."
" Dash, no jerky, okay? It makes you gassy like crazy and I have to sleep with you. Okay, see, all fixed." She handed him a bowl of chips, then leaned back again.
" I'll be around, alright? Scream if you need me."
" Okay!" She smiled, then cuddled back into them, Nala shook her head and took a bowl of cheez-it's.

After a while of silence, Dean and I walked into Huntleigh's room, she was passed out, asleep next to Dash and Nala. I gently lifted her shirt up, and saw the wound bleeding through the wrap. Dean gently unwrapped it and we cleaned it again, I started wrapping it back up. I pushed some of Huntleigh's hair out of her face, looking at her.
Dean whispered" She's growing up, ain't she?"
I whispered" Yeah, but she still needs us, she'll always need us."
" Yeah, to get her out of trouble."
" That too, but she'll need us for comfort."
" Yeah, she will." I pulled a blanket over the three, and we walked out, Huntleigh is a brave kid, but with so many untouched emotions, I don't know how she'll make it in high school, but I know she'll find a way.