Chapter 21

I was watching my dad cook, Dean leaning against the counter next to me. I yawned, then laid my head on the table,
Dad asked" You awake, little one?"
I mumbled" This is stupid, I've done just fine without going to a normal school."
" One week, two weeks..."
" I can and will murder you!"
" Two weeks was our deal, and if you really can't stand it, you can leave."
" Fine." Dad brought a plate over to me, I began eating the food, shakily, but eating anyways.

I ran out the door, Finn was waiting for me, I jumped into his car and he took off down the road

He said" You're late!"
I said" Shut up... I'm scared."
" You're gonna be fine! You look amazing, by the way." My leg was bouncing, I grasped tighter to my notebook." Hey, Huntleigh, you're gonna be fine. It's just school, how bad could it be?" I looked at him, shocked and confused, then pulled my headphones over my ears and listened to music.

Once we got to the high school, I gulped and looked at Finn, he smiled at me. I opened the door and got out, staring at the building, Finn walked next to me.
I mumbled" I wanna go home..."
Finn said" Hey, hey, I've got your back, Huntleigh."
" I'm giving it one week, Finn. One week, and then I'm done if I hate it, okay?"
" Yeah, okay." He nodded, I breathed heavily, then turned my head to look at the tree line. I saw all the animals looking at me from the forest,
" Back down, guards, I'll call if I need your help." Finn turned to the tree line, seeing all the animals backing away, going back to being hidden. I looked at Finn,
" You've really gotta tell them to stop following you."
" Why?"
" It's not normal..." Anger started to rise in me,
" Not normal? Are you serious, Finn? I'm not normal, I'm far from normal and you know this!"
" I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."
" It's fine."
" Here's your schedule, I'll see you at lunch. I tried to get them to put you in my classes but they wouldn't."
I snarled" It's fine."
" You don't sound fine to me, okay?"
" I'm fine." I looked at him, nodding my head," I'm good."
" I can run you home if you don't want to do this today, it's only been a few days since the gun."
" I'm good, Finn. I'm good." He nodded, and we walked inside, I flinched at all the noises. Dammit! Why can't I just be a normal teenage girl?! Why do I have to be this whatever I am?!
Finn took me to an office, he leaned to me,
He said" The principle will take you to your class, okay? I'll see you at lunch and in the hallway, okay?"
I mumbled" Okay. If you hear about a girl fighting, think the worse."
" Will do."
" Bye, boy."
" Bye, girl." He kissed my cheek, I giggled," I'll see you at lunch, try not to cause any trouble."
" I'll try, okay?"
" Okay." He moved away from me and talked to the lady at the desk, a man came in.
He said" You must be Huntleigh. I'm Mr. Talah, the principle of this high school." Finn looked at me, then pinched my back to tell me to speak to the man.
I said" Hi, yeah... that's me."
" What school did you attend before here?"
" Uh... online school."
" Alright, well, Mr. Reed, I can take it from here." Finn leaned to my ear again,
He whispered" I'll see you soon." He backed away, as I nodded my head, still scared to hell. He walked away, heading to his class,
" Okay, Huntleigh, we have your core classes, what would you like to do for other classes?"
I said" Uh... what are other classes?"
" Like art, photography, gym, music... those kind of classes."
" How many do I need?"
" 2, and also a language."
" What are the languages I have to chose from?"
" Spanish, latin, german, french..." I'm good at Latin, I'm actually amazing at latin.
" I'll do art and gym, then I'll do latin."
" Latins pretty hard, are you sure you'd like to do it?"
" Yes."
" Okay, here's your schedule then." He was typing away at a computer as he was talking to me. He handed me a piece of paper, I looked at the paper, memorizing it.
1st period Math
2nd period History
3rd period Gym
Lunch time
4th period Biology
5th period American Lit.
6th period Latin
7th period Art
I nodded my head, then sighed, this is gonna be a long day... I can already tell.

The man opened the door to a class room, it's 8am, and I'm honestly already ready to go home!
He said" This is Huntleigh, newest student to this school." The teacher stood up from her desk,
She said" Hi, Huntleigh. I'm Mrs. River. I'll be your Algebra teacher for this semester." I nodded," Take a seat, there." I took a seat where she pointed to, and my foot slipped from my stupid shoes... I hate shoes, they're so annoying. I whimpered, then got my balance back, I walked to the desk and sat down.
That class was terrible! And I hate it so much! It's so stupid! I grabbed my bag, then tripped again, I hit the floor, groaning. I heard laughter, I flinched then pushed off the ground, standing up quickly. I walked out the door, quickly, as fast as I could, I whimpered and pushed through the crowd of them. I saw Finn, he grabbed my shoulders, he searched my eyes, I whimpered.
He said" Hey, hey, hey, are you okay? What happened?"
I said" Nothing, I'm fine.... how long is this day?"
" It's only 8:45... it's long."
" Shoot me in the chest."
" Okay, okay, I think I'm gonna call your dad to come and get you."
" No!" I pushed his chest," Don't you dare call my dad, Finn.. or I swear, I will never forgive you."
" Okay, okay... I'm not gonna call him, I promise." I nodded, then hugged him, he wrapped his arms around me, looking at me.
" I hate math."
" Yeah, I knew you'd say that. Hey, it'll be over soon, alright? It goes by super fast."
" Okay, okay."

History sucked, sitting in a stupid desk is so stupid, I walked into the gym. A man came up to me,
He said" I'm Coach Will, there's gym clothes in the locker room, change into them and head back on out here, newbie." I nodded, and walked into the locker room, I saw all the girls, they looked at me.
One girl said" What is that style? Those headphones? That phone case? No makeup?"
I said" Uh... uh... this-this is the new style, my friend told me. Uh... these headphones, they're awesome, and so is my phone case... and uh... what's makeup?"
" I know you... yeah, the freak from middle school! You're still such a freak!" I gulped, anger rising in me again, I quickly changed into the gym clothes and locked my stuff in the locker. I jumped a bit when the thingy clicked, I sighed, then walked out of the locker room. I walked back to the coach,
He said" Alright, you crazy kids, we're gonna head out to the track and do a few mile races." He headed to another door, the class followed, I gulped then followed.
We got to this field, with a track around it I guess... I walked to track, looking at it.
The coach said" Alright! Boys vs. Girls! Let's go! Come on! Newbie, between the white lines." I looked down and moved a few spaces to the left. I sighed," Alright! On your mark, get set... go!" Everyone took off running, I looked around," Run! Newbie! Run!" I took off running, my feet paced to the ground, but my feet hurt like hell. I caught up to the rest quickly, I breathed through my nose and ran faster, I heard the class groan, then I saw a few guys behind me. I pushed off the ground quicker, and then my footing slipped, I started falling to the ground....