Chapter 17

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder, I yawned and opened my eyes. I saw daddy,
He said" Come on, little one, time to go to the police station, Huntleigh." I whined and rolled over, cuddling my pillow," Come on, sleepy head, take a shower and get dressed, Nala and Dash are already eating in the kitchen.... Dean fixed burgers for breakfast." I woke up, jumping up and running to the kitchen," I knew that would wake your ass up, wait for me, kiddo!" I swerved into the kitchen, and saw Dean had fixed burgers and fries for breakfast. I grabbed a plate and started eating, I chewed quickly, eating fast.
I said" Burgers and fries for breakfast? Why?"
Dean said" Your dad wanted to cheer you up, today's gonna be a big day."
" Oh, yeah..." I gulped, starting to get nervous,
Dad said" You're gonna be fine, little one, you're brave."
" But I'm also a kid who can speak with animals, how do I explain that, huh? How?"
" I don't know, Hunts, I really don't know. But all that matters is that you got those animals out, and they're safe now."
" Yeah, I know." I finished up, eating quickly," I'mma take a shower then get dressed, okay?"
" Okay, hurry up." I nodded and ran to my room with Dash and Nala behind me.

Once I was ready to go, I pulled my dad's other hoodie on,

It was practically a dress on me, I sighed then walked to the library, Dad and Dean were waiting

Dad said" Dean's gonna stay here to take care of Nala and Dash for you, okay?"
I said" Okay."
" Come on, let's go. Jack and Cas are meeting us there."
" Okay."
We were driving down the road, dad was glancing at me,
I asked" What?"
He said" You okay? You don't have to do this today, if you don't want to, little one."
" I'm doing this today, because I don't give up that easily."
" That's my girl." He ruffled my hair, I giggled and looked out the window, getting myself ready.

We got out of the car, a little ways from the police station, but I could see the reporters from here. I gulped, hiding my face in my dad's stomach, he rubbed my back. A few police officers walked up to us,
One of them said" This way, sir." We followed them through the reports, the reporters were screaming questions. I screamed, afraid, then I heard a roar, the reporters all froze, moving away from us. I turned my face and saw Kai, he roared again, then I saw Yugi and his owner. He walked over to me and grabbed my sleeve with his teeth, he put me onto his back. I nuzzled into his fur, as he started walking into the station, my dad and the police following him.
He put me down,
He said" Thank you for taking me home, little human. I'm forever in your debt." He turned and walked out, to his owner, Kai went back to the other animals. I sighed, holding my dad's hand, he looked at me,
Dad asked" You okay, little one?"
I said" Yeah, yeah, I am."
" Okay."
A police officer said" Alright, Huntleigh, how did you know about the cartel?"
I said" I heard about it on the news, then I knew about one abandoned place near town... so I decided to check it out."
" How did you get the animals to listen to you?"
" I-I'm good with animals, most of them are trained, so they listened to me."
" Okay. What about the binder?"
" I looked at the collars, got the information... their names, it was very easy."
" Okay, well, owners are supposed to be coming in an hour or so."
" Okay." I walked to the warehouse with dad holding my hand, I opened the door. I heard a knock on the window, I looked up and saw Finn holding onto the bars.
He said" Hey! Let me in!" I laughed then climbed up to the window and opened it, he climbed in, smiling at me." I knew you'd be here! I had to sneak past reporters!"
" Cool, how was that?"
" Terrifying, dudette." I giggled, and climbed down, he climbed down after me." So, what happened?"
" Owners are coming in an hour or so, so that's happening, I can't wait until they're all home safe." Then I heard a little girl, the door opened and she ran in,
She screamed" Kai! Kai! Tigger!" She saw Kai, she squealed happily then ran to Kai, Kai ran to her and they tackled each other. She was on Kai's stomach, he held her between his front legs.
He said" Oh, my little Honey..." he purred, licking her face, she giggled happily, grasping his fur. She turned to see us, I smiled at her and they got up," This is my girl, my world, Honey Bear."
I said" Hi, what's your name?"
She squeaked" Honey Bear! This is Tigger... well, his real name is Kai, because of my daddy, but I call him Tigger."
" Yeah, he seems pretty cool, huh?"
" He's the best ever kitty! The best amazingly kitty!"
" Yeah, I bet." More kids started coming in,
A little boy said" Keko! Keko! Zeba! Kala! Zuri! Dezmon! Dede!" The lion cubs ran to him, jumping onto his legs and yapping. I smiled, watching as the lioness walked to him too,
Another little girl said" Collin! Julian!" Julian, the orangoutang, and Collin, the spider monkey, they ran to her and climbed up her. She hugged them tightly, mumbling into their necks.
Another little girl said" Mickey! Minnie!" More animals came out, running to their owners, I smiled and watched... this is why I like helping these animals.
A girl asked" Where's your animal?" She looked up at me, I smiled and crouched down,
I said" I'm actually the one who rescued them all, shh, it's a secret." She smiled, nodding her head then ran to her animal half.

I was in dad's arms, half asleep, I yawned and nuzzled my face into his neck.
He said" Come on, kiddo, it's been a long day, and you're rich, those rewards... huh?"
I mumbled" Yeah."
" Gonna wake up to eat dinner?"
" No."
" You need to eat some dinner, kiddo, dean's cooking at home."
" I'm sleepy."
" Kiddo, gotta wake up for dinner then you can go to bed, okay?"
" Okay, dad."
Once we got home, I yawned, and rubbed my eyes, Dad carried me downstairs.
Dean said" How was the day?"
Dad said" Rewards, a lot of them, and she doesn't have a clue what to do with it."
" College?"
" Yeah, Dean she has over 20 mill."
" 20 mill... holy shit!"
" Shh!"
" Sorry."
" She already made 1 million for charity. She's agreed to put 4 million in a college fund. She gave Finn 2 million for his family."
" Damn."
" She tried to give him more but he threatened to not talk to her for a week or two."
" Ha, what should we let her do with her money?"
" I don't know. Whatever she wants to do first."
" Yeah."
I mumbled" Food."
" Come on, Hunts, let's get some food." Dean stood next to Dad, I let one of my arms stand out, he took me into his arms. Dad rubbed my back and headed to the kitchen," Hey, so we have a little millionaire in our sights." He tickled my stomach, I giggled,
" I didn't wanna take the money but they insisted."
" Yeah, I know, kiddo. Such a sweet heart." I was sat down, I yawned, rubbing my eyes," Nala and Dash are asleep in Nala's bed."
" Okay." He sat food in front of me, I yawned again, blinking a few times to try and wake myself up. I began eating the food quickly, so I could go to bed and sleep for a while.

My dad carried me to bed and laid me down, pulling the blanket over me, I smiled at him.
He whispered" What?"
I mumbled" You're the best dad in the entire world." I yawned then closed my eyes, falling asleep.