Chapter 8

Huntleigh's POV
We got to a building, I sniffed then followed daddy out of the car and into the building. Daddy talked to other humans as I played with his shirt, I yawned.
They took us to another room, and then left us, I was looking at everything, this is new. I don't get it, where are we? Daddy was holding my hand, then a human came in. The human had pointy things with him, I whine, then hide behind daddy, shielding myself from the scary human.
Daddy says" It's okay, little one, it's okay, see, nothing is gonna happen, I'm right here." I whimper but crawl down from behind him, he won't let anything bad happen to me. He sits me on his lap, I whine, gripping tightly to his hand, then start whimpering, as the sharp thingy  presses against my skin. I yelp as I feel it, whining loudly, he rubs my hand, I breathe heavily. The sharp thingy was gone, tears were running down my face, then another sharp thingy was brought. I screamed, crying louder, pushing against daddy, he shushed me gently," It's okay, it's okay, it's just a needle, is all. It won't hurt for long, I promise." Another needly sharp thingy poked my skin again, I yelped loudly, whining. Daddy wrapped his arm around me, I started crying again, louder this time.

Sam's POV
Watching my little one crying out from pain, hurt me, I wanted to stop the doctor and leave. But she needs to start school soon, and these vaccines are required. I rubbed her side, trying to get her to calm down but it was not helping, she was terrified... and this probably made her fear of humans stronger.
Once it was over, I walked out with her in my arms, playing with my ear, whimpering. I rub her back, and shush her gently, I opened the door and walked to the car. Dean is waiting, leaning against the car, he frowns once he sees Huntleigh.
I said" She didn't like that one bit." Dean said" No shit, come'er Hunts," He takes her into his arms, she looks at him," We'll go get some ice cream, how's that sound?" She nods, smiling," Alright, let's go." He put her down, she climbs into the car, and we get in. After a few minutes, I turn to check on her, she was asleep, cuddled into my jacket, poor kid, I don't want her to fear us. Ever.

We got to a restaurant, since Dean was starving, I get out then open the back door. I crouch down, looking at Huntleigh, I didn't want to wake her but she needs to eat. I gently shake her shoulder, she whines and tries to go back to sleep.
I said" Come on, little one, just wake up and eat, we're gonna get ice cream, okay?" She wakes up and makes grabby hands, I lift her up, she starts to play with my ear.
We walk inside, I sit her down then sat next to her, Dean was looking through the menu, I gave Huntleigh a kid menu.
I ask" So, Huntleigh, whatcha want?" She shook her head," You gotta eat something, little one, then we'll get ice cream for dessert." She was looking at the pictures, bored, she didn't like what she sees. Dean picked a random restaurant because he wanted to try something new. I looked at Dean, he shrugged, I sighed and watched her play with my shirt again.
Once we ordered, I simply ordered her a fruit salad, and I'll give her some of my salad. Our food came, and she eats it happily, humming some song she's heard somewhere before.
We got dessert, her an ice cream, Huntleigh was hopping in her seat. I gave her the ice cream, she began eating it happily. I smiled, watching her, she giggled at nothing, then at Dean because he stuck out his tongue at her.

We pulled up at the bunker, Hunts knocked out on the drive home, I lifted her up. Dean walked ahead of us and opened the door, I carried her to her room, laying her down in bed. I tucked her in, kissing her head, she whined and pawed at my hand. I smiled, she turned over and cuddled into the pillow, I rubbed her back and walked out.

Huntleigh's POV
I wake up, hungry, I get up and walk to the kitchen, I sniff at the fridge and I saw a box of red meat. I sniffed it and tore off a piece of it then eat it, I chew while walking back to bed. I yawned, then crawled back into bed, closing my eyes, falling asleep.

I wake up again, my stomach really hurt, I turned around and puked. I started crying, I got up, trying to walk to daddy's room. My tummy hurt even more, I started puking again, I cried loudly, then puked more. I fell down, puking more, I heard feet running, then I saw daddy and Dean. Daddy walked to me, lifting me up, I cried out, he ran me to the bathroom, I started puking again.
Once the puking stopped, Daddy lifts me up, and carries me, I cried into his shoulder. He sat me on the counter, I sniffled, he felt my head, I cuddle to him again. Dean came in, standing next to Daddy,
Sam says" She doesn't have a fever, I don't know what this could be."
Dean asks" Maybe she ate something bad?"
" Hey, little one, what have you eaten tonight?"
I mumbled" Meat." I cuddled into him, wiping my nose with my hand, I whine.
" What kind of meat?"
" That red one in the box." Dean opens the fridge and looks at the red meat in the box.
" Oh, baby, no, that's not the meat you eat." I start crying loudly, I'm in trouble, Daddy's mad at me," No, no, no, shh, shh, you're not in trouble, shh, little one, it's okay. You're not in trouble, I promise." I sniffle, looking at him," You're not in trouble, no, no, no, it's okay, shh, little one."
He carried me to his room, laying me down, I whined as he moved away from me. He laid next to me, I cuddled into his side, whimpering as my tummy hurt.
He whispered" Shh, shh, go on back to sleep, you'll feel better soon, I promise. Shh, you're gonna be okay, little one." I closed my eyes and held his shirt in my hand, falling asleep fast, I'm sleepy.