A Love That Lasts Forever

I've been gone for quite a while and I truly apologize, but I'll make it up to you by spamming you with lots and lots of fluffy chapters !! xx

-

Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.

- Helen Keller

John:

"I- I don't think I'm in the right state of mind," I mumbled. Paul smiled and shook his head, kissing my knuckles gently and then pulling me towards him for a comforting embrace.

"I think we could make something beautiful out of your mental cloudiness," He whispered, and I chuckled, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck before whispering a quiet 'Alright'. He pulled away and pecked my cheek before standing up and staring down at me with a raised eyebrow. He asked me if I knew where he could find a pen and a paper, and I stood up from my cross legged position and neared my desk, opening the drawer and grabbing a black pen and a casual notebook that I usually use for schoolwork.

I looked behind me and found him sitting up on the bed, his back against the headboard with my blankets covering his lower body and a ukulele on his lap. "We're using my ukulele for this, then?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows, pointing towards my guitar that was laid on the carpet in confusion.

"I want to write something soft and light and the ukulele is perfect for that," He shrugged and I nodded with a smile. I approached the left side of the bed and assumed the same position he was in. I covered my lap with the fluffy blankets and let my head rest on his shoulder. I was feeling very glum and needed every droplet of his love.

He grinned and tried to crane his neck in order to stare at me, I was looking at his lap and thinking of how pleasant it would be to rest my head on it and sleep away. "We must get to work," He whispered, the happiness and the love in his voice clear as day. I chuckled, lifting my head off and jokingly punching his shoulder. I grabbed my black glasses off of the bedside and put them on, immediately staring at Paul and enjoying the details drawn on his face with my mouth agape. He playfully poked my nose and then pointed at the paper I was holding, which made me huff and glimpse at the empty sheet. "Why won't you let me love you?" I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest and feigning hurt. He chuckled and whimsically massaged my scalp with the very tips of his soft fingers. I bent my head backwards very slightly and sighed out in joy, my eyes immediately falling shut. His touch felt indescribably staggering.

"What are we even going to write about?" I said, my eyes still closed.

"Love," He said at once, and I felt his smile through the tone of his voice. I hummed looking up at him and pecking him softly, feeling a thousand times more feathery, as the voices in my head hush as a natural resultant of our kiss.

"Of course," I whispered with a smile, our noses brushing compassionately.

"Well, what has love granted you that you believe is worthy of being written into a song?" I asked, chewing the tip of my pen. He began to chip off the skin around his nails as he smiled, biting his lip. "I truly don't know. It's as if everything became so easy, so plain and simple all of a sudden. I understand that life is, usually, an actual bitch. But whenever I remember that I've got this love residing within me that I can use in order to heal both myself and everybody around me, everything seems to be so much easier. Especially when you're involved because it's as if your presence and your love in itself gets me through the day,"

I grinned and nodded, understanding every single word.

"So you just realize that this game we all play is, as a matter of fact, quite easy when love is involved," I replied, and he nodded furiously.