I'm Only Sleeping

"It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love,"  

                                                                                                                                    - John Lennon  
:')

Paul stayed awake and observed John and Mimi as they ate the savoury food he'd cooked up. He immediately climbed back upstairs to the bedroom and slid under John's bedsheets once he made sure that they enjoyed his food and were fully finished with it.

He tried to shun away the warm embrace of the morning light seeping through the windows as soon as his soft cheek pecked the white pillow. He inhaled the fresh, clean scent and smiled, shutting his eyes pleasantly. 

"Do you mind shutting the curtains, love?" He mumbled lazily against the soft fabric of the cold pillow, and John nodded astoundingly. He kept his eyes fixated on Paul as he neared the curtains, feeling his heart grin at the sight of Paul trying to fight the annoying rays of light by shutting his eyes tightly and then placing his palms over his face. His cheeks were very rosy due to the penetrative cold, and the thin material he had on wasn't aiding him at all. 

John grabbed the remote off of the bedside  and turned on the heater, hearing a faint 'beep' and then placing it back down gently. He stared at his closet in contemplation. 

"The curtains, John," Paul groaned, barely sounding audible due to the fact that he was now lying on his stomach. 

John chuckled at his impatience and tossed an oversized, grey hoodie his way. It landed on his back and he rolled back around. He grabbed the shirt and blinked at John a couple of times, obviously confused. 

"This is made up of thick cloth, put it on. You seem so cold and what you're wearing isn't complimenting that," 

Paul stared at him in amazement, grinning appreciatively and then staring at the crumpled up hoodie he was grasping. He hugged it to his chest adorably, unfolding it and then putting it on. He basked in the smell of gardenia and some mild vanilla latching onto the fabric, exhaling delightfully. 

John drew the curtains shut, complete darkness blanketing the room. Paul heard the sound of a chair scraping against the floor, as he laid back down and lifted the bedsheets up to his nose. He was smiling widely, but that bright smile of his was carefully hidden by the bedsheets that were radiating warm energy and cradling him very tenderly.

The feeling of being taken care of seemed so foreign to him, but he hadn't the faintest idea as to how he was capable of thriving without it before meeting John.

He could see John grabbing an eraser in his head and erasing so many insignificant, terrible thoughts and traits that seemed to shape the man that Paul used to be. He seemed to erase the self hatred gradually, as it was still there, but it was smudged and so faint that it was almost gone. Almost.

John was repainting Paul in a new way. He was painting him and adding strokes of vibrancy, brushes of liveliness and peacefulness.

He felt incredibly free, which was ironic since he used to live in the wilderness.

Words seemed infinitesimal when it comes to describing just how thankful Paul felt towards John for handing him the seeds that represented safety, love, and human affection and infatuation. He knew that as long as he was being taken care of, those seeds that have been softly planted inside of him would grow forth and flourish into something life-changing, and it was all because of John's kindness.