Bitter Memoirs

I updated ! Such a shocker. 

This chapter is a bit chaotic <3

My love for you is like the raging sea,
So powerful and deep it will forever be.
Through storm, wind, and heavy rain,
It will withstand every pain.

Paul 

I touched my numb lip with the tip of my finger. My atoms were humming in pure ecstasy, and I could feel my heart beat loudly. It was as if all the good feelings I've ever experienced came together at the pit of my stomach and formed a single powerful, roaring feeling I've never felt before.

After a few minutes of complete quietness and reflection, we decided to pick some berries and obey his aunt's orders. 

I stopped in front of a patch and grasped a tiny blueberry, the velvety exterior plastering a smile onto my face. 

I was humming a warm tune as the sun beat down on the whole of the field, brightening the colours all around and leading up to John seeming far more heavenly than usual. He was staring at the baskets and the shrubs with furrowed brows, thinking of the amount of berries to be picked. His nubile lips curled up into a homely smile, as his gentle eyes wrinkled at the edges. 

"Get to work, McCartney! Mimi might just murder the both of us if we didn't do as she pleased," He rolled his eyes in a mocking manner. I giggled, looking back at the blueberries and picking them with a grin on my face.

"Well, I woke up late this morning," I chanted, winking at John who stared at me with sudden, newfound interest.

"My head was in the whirl,

Only when I realized, 

I lost my little girl," 

We were both picking as I sung in a soft tone. I was smiling merrily due to the memories that were intertwined with the song I'd written years ago. The flashbacks were raiding my brain like the fierce waves of an ocean. 

"Well, her clothes were not expensive, 

Her hair didn't always curl,"  

I giggled at the lyrics I'd come up with, and John looked confused, seeming to be focused on figuring out if he'd heard that song somewhere, detaching the berries carelessly and in increasingly growing amounts. He was then trying to hum along with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know why I loved her, 

But I loved my little girl,"  

I stopped, a smile still evident on my face as I twirled a loose leaf with the tips of my fingers. I was having such a wonderful time.

"Have I heard this song before?" John asked with an amused smile, and I shook my head. 

"This was the first song I've ever written," I proudly stated, staring down at the large amount of berries overflowing my tiny basket. John stared at the floor with wide eyes, looking absolutely dumbfounded. 

"Wow," He whispered, looking up at me and my heart sunk when I spotted the admiration pooling his eyes. I smiled at him, "I can't remember the identity of the person that inspired the song, I think it was my mother," 

John set his basket down on the floor, trying his best to keep it balanced. He approached me with an empathetic smile on his face. The closer he came, the more I could see the details and fine points that were at the root of his beauty. 

I saw the tiny, faint freckles peppered on the very tip of his nose, they were wonderful. I also noticed the way his eyes were exactly almond shaped and a bit hooded, and how his eyelashes were long on the outer corners of his eyes and a bit shorter on the inner corners. I realized that the colour of his lips turned vivid and moisture-laden due to eating some of the berries he'd picked out.