Jimin plastered a soft and an earnest smile.

He has been used standing in front of many people, reading their expressions and reading what is in their minds. They look up to him as much as he gathers the courage to stand as their ruler. There had been sometimes they experienced crisis and he would bear all the weights in his shoulder. He knew he has to be smart, brave and fearless to defend his kingdom at all means but somethings always pluck a string in his heart. Even how much they treat him as a Prince, a royalty, he can't deny there's always a missing piece.

"Greetings." He started, all eyes on him.

"The celebration has started and everyone had anticipated it. I wish you would take the time to enjoy the night."

Jimin announced, yet with a calm expression. He bored his stare around and he could see how lively the place is. He nodded and gestured for his vast departure, his hands at his back, he turned around to leave.

"My Prince," someone called in the crowd.

Jimin paused midway and slowly faced them again.

"It would be an honor to spend the celebration with you." One of his people called, expecting an answer. "If you may."

The Prince only gave him a stoic reaction.

"Pardon me but I have to attend errands in the palace." He said, his voice low. "Please, enjoy the night."

Again, Jimin turned his back and finally left the crowd without hearing their retorts. The palace guards followed as they exited the crowd, heading to the palace where he was destined.

A sudden sulking feeling spread through his system. Full of flashbacks played in his mind as he left his people behind. In such a young age, his mother died because of an illness none of the healers in the kingdom can cure. They gathered all of the greatest healers hoping for a miracle but none of them succeeded, knowing it was unknown sorcery that plagued his mother's life.

Years after her death, his father, the once King of their kingdom, died of aging. Before his father's death, he was coronated as the Prince. At the right age and at the 13th full moon in the next seven years, he will be crowned as King.

They used to celebrate this occasion together, visiting the heart of the kingdom to rejoice with the people. It was perfect. Back in the days, his father and mother would hold his hands and the people would be happy to see the future ruler, give him flower necklaces and would dance with them. But as time passes, it drastically changed. After their deaths, celebrating this occasion had been too depressing for him. Jimin locked himself out and would focus on the plans for the stability of his kingdom.

"Dismissed." He said, not looking back.

The clangs of metals and footsteps cascaded away as they've reached the entrance of the palace. Jimin headed furtherly inside, passing through the throne room.

This used to be filled with numerous maids, healers, chefs and other important personnel of the palace but ever since the death of the King and Queen, Jimin decided to reduce the numbers. Feasts weren't frequent anymore. Only guards, counselors and his trusted messenger roams the place for surveillance or for important gatherings with him.

It's emotionally exhausting how the once filled palace would turn out like this. Jimin feels it every time he walks through the hallways, the empty throne room he solemnly visits, the dining room and pretty much every corner in the palace. He would only watch the night sky from the large windows of his bedroom.

But there's only one place he feels safe and satisfied. His safe haven.

Jimin scurried away and took flights of stairs before finally venturing through the large golden doors of the vicinity. Located at the very top of the palace, he could surely see everything that surrounds the kingdom. Even the stars, he can almost touch them.