15. Re-opened wound

Previously on Call the Doctor:

After receiving Luhan's kiss in her 30th birthday, Minhee regained some memories from her past, making her wondered who Luhan actually was. Furthermore, after visiting her parents together with Luhan and Jihyun, more truths were revealed. It turned out that Luhan was her real husband, and Jihyun was her brother's – Sehun's daughter. Thanks to the visit, Luhan and Minhee finally got back together and declared themselves as the official husband and wife. They then lived together in a new house and took care of Jihyun together. After that, Jihyun started going to school, a kindergarten. Since Minhee was busy in the hospital, she could not watch over Jihyun in her school. So, instead of her, The Uncles (Chanyeol, Baekhyun, & Chen) in their spirit form volunteered to watch over her until it was the time for Minhee to take her back from school. Without Minhee knowing, The Uncles decided to watch over Jihyun because they recognized her teacher named Kim Taehyung as Baekhyun's half brother, who as far as they remembered was the one who viciously attacked them, putting them in comatose. The Uncles were worried that Taehyung would do something bad to Jihyun as well. Then, one day, when there was a girl named Mei who talked to Taehyung before the class started, The Uncles' prediction was proven right. Thus, they were committed to protect Jihyun at all cost.

.

***

.

"Jihyun slept early tonight. She looks really tired." Patting Jihyun on the peak of her head, Luhan stared at her worriedly. It was only 8:00 p.m. and Luhan managed to come home early, but Jihyun was not there to welcome him. Sure, he was a little bit disappointed because of that. But that was not the point, after all.

Exactly like Luhan said, Jihyun looked literally tired. Her breathing was normal. But the way she was sprawling on the bed and slept like she had been knocked out, got Luhan curious and worried.

"What happened at school? Nobody hurt her, right Minhee?" Luhan threw his question at Minhee, stopping her from gathering Jihyun's laundry which she was about to transfer to the laundry room.

"Don't worry. She's alright." Minhee gave him an assuring smile before she got back to what she did, gathering the laundry that was. Unfortunately, Luhan was not convinced yet.

Talking about being a protective father, Luhan was an expert. When it came to his precious little daughter's well being, this man would never compromise with anything or anyone. He would always make sure of Jihyun's safety no matter what. But these days, he was so busy with his surgery schedules, he couldn't watch over Jihyun as frequent as he always did. He felt bad? Yes, he did. But more than that, as if the mother nature had told him, these days Luhan had this ugly hunch bothering his head most of the time. He had sensed something was coming. He knew it. He just knew it. The experience taught him so much to tell that.

"Minhee, are you sure she's alright?" Luhan asked again. His expression was tensed. Seeing Luhan acted that way, Minhee decided she had to leave the laundry and sat herself next to Luhan on Jihyun's bed.

"She's alright, Luhan." Minhee took Luhan's hands with hers and gave them the tender squeeze. She then looked up to meet Luhan's gaze.

"She just played a lot with her friends. She needs to rest, and you should too." Minhee flashed him a tender smile.

"You sure?" Luhan was being stubborn and asked her once again.

"Yes, I'm 100% sure. She had so much fun today. She just had PE class with her friends, that's why she looks tired. Besides...." Minhee paused as she chuckled for a short while, having a little fun imagining things inside her head.

"Her uncles kept watching over her and protecting her from other hyperactive kids. She's alright. I can assure you." Her smile widened to a beam, making Luhan forged the same motion with his lips. But then, his smile dropped down all too sudden. He thought he heard something wrong.